sad day for chevy

-
Well Chris, I'm certainly glad you didn't get mad at me and my not so great jest about the color! �� I certainly should have put this, "confident in your masculinity" in there in the first place.
That is a very nice ride.

I wasn't mad at you, I understood what you meant...I was just standing up for our Barbie car!
When I was buying it, I told my friend "It took big ones to paint a race car pink" He said "It takes bigger ones to go buy it".......I couldn't stop laughing about what I had done.

The more I looked at the car, the more I thought of it as a fusion between something kind of sissy, and something masculine, so it really messes with your head, more so in person. I like to be different, so this car nailed it. I looked for 2 years to find it.

Not to mention the kid I bought it from, won the Mopar drags at SGMP 2 days in a row in S/Pro, which wasn't easy, there were some bad mopars there.

By the way, when I bought it, the kid and his friends called it "The Pink Panther". I always name my engines. I named this one "Barbie" because of what I said on the TV spot. But then I said to my wife,heck lets call the whole car "Barbie".....People love it.....And if I was a single man, and not happily married, it would be a party for sure.

A little tid bit. It had a Blown hemi, was a Top Sportsman car, ran 6's at over 200 MPH in the 1/4 when 1st built. But the chassis is mild steel, so with the new NHRA rules, it became obsolete. It is cert. to 7:50 now, I don't plan to get any where near that E.T.

-
Back