Sad Ending to My Dart Build

-
It was 45 in my garage and it was great not sweating today.
Not Bad! We really don't get a fall, winter, or spring down here, it actually kind of sucks man ! It's summer about 8, 9 months out of the year, with rainy season included, and it's still freaking 100% humidity then! Hotter than heck, and then sometimes the monsoons will come in, and the sun will come out, and it'll storm again, then the sun will come out. Just Brutal, but I've been dealing with it down in this part of Florida since 1989. It sucks to work in sometimes. It was 50 here last night, i actually got chilled to the bone, supposed to be down in the 40s with highs and the low 70s and 60s after the rain tomorrow. I imagine by then we'll be right on into early summer (they usually have these hot winds blowing from down south towards the north) from South America, totally ruining any spring time we can get.. and then comes rainy season and that lasts for months.

I had to buy my car back from State farm . They valued the car higher then what I had it insured for. I had it insured for $25,000. The buy back was $9800 with their calculations,. There was not a body part usable except the doors. The buy back price was ridiculous. But I wanted my car back with a clean title. So I had to take 80% of its insured value and then still buy it back as if it were totaled. I walked away with $15,200 and my car.

One thing I learned is never insure it for less than its appraised value. And have it reappraised every year. Because they will make you pay a % of what they appraise the car for at the time of the accident if you want it back. Once you wreck it they own it unless you make a deal like I did to keep it. My experience with State Farm did not go well.
Did they make you change the title to a salvage title?

UPDATE: Suspect is in custody. Local police have been looking for him for months on outstanding warrants and he has a rap sheet going back to his teens.
336687859_211688064787625_4150218574088109130_n.jpg

On today’s date, Goodman Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a black cbr motorcycle. The motorcycle fled from officers and a pursuit ensued. Officers terminated the pursuit North bound I49 in Newton County.

The suspect has been identified as Jacob Posey. If you see Jacob Posey or the motorcycle involved do not attempt to apprehend, call 911 immediately. Jacob has multiple active felony warrants and additional felony charges from Goodman PD

I'm glad they caught the dude, but I'm even more glad you still have some car left with which to start. I know others who've only ever recovered part of a cowl or dash.

It won't be easy, but that car can definitely be saved. Anything that was built can be rebuilt. You could just swap your parts onto another roller, but it will never be the same car. In my case, that would matter, especially after 17 years. To others, maybe not so much. I'd be taking it and the BSM to a frame rack to get the hard points back where they should be.

UPDATE: Suspect is in custody. Local police have been looking for him for months on outstanding warrants and he has a rap sheet going back to his teens.
_nc_ohc=NBnjsNMo_HkAX892XLz&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.jpg

On today’s date, Goodman Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a black cbr motorcycle. The motorcycle fled from officers and a pursuit ensued. Officers terminated the pursuit North bound I49 in Newton County.

The suspect has been identified as Jacob Posey. If you see Jacob Posey or the motorcycle involved do not attempt to apprehend, call 911 immediately. Jacob has multiple active felony warrants and additional felony charges from Goodman PD

Is that an actual photo of the perp?

If yes, that is one ugly motherf*****

So sorry to hear this Brian. Glad they caught someone. I hope you have a good outcome with your car.

I have not heard any thing from the detective handling the case. I’ve settled with the insurance company and will be bringing a new A body home next weekend. I’ll start a new thread then.

-
Back