SAD..Seasonal affective disorder.. how do you northern guys deal with it?

-
Well, that worked out for ya a bit at least. You have a lot less snow there than we do, we have about 6" even after the rain yesterday.
They said 8 inches but it didn't even snow. Never does anymore. We've only had one snowfall all winter and that was technically last year at Halloween.

Reminds me of this Thanksgiving... Waking up after 50 - 60 mph winds and finding this...

Took the power lines to the ground and bent two poles....

DSC02795 B.JPG

DSC02803 B.JPG

DSC02806 B.JPG

DSC02825 B.JPG

DSC02824 B.JPG

They said 8 inches but it didn't even snow. Never does anymore. We've only had one snowfall all winter and that was technically last year at Halloween.
I meant the snow already on the ground. Hasn't started here yet today.

Cold, snow??? Come on down South. We will teach you to speak Southern, make real BBQ, drink beer with funny names, speak a second language!

Our winter is really our summer!

I always used to think this was just baloney lazy bullshit. I'm in central Wisconsin.. go to work in the dark, sit in a office with a small window up above my head I can't see out of. Leave in the dark. When I get home, I just want to eat, and go to bed. No ambition. Lots of thoughts during the day..and just no energy to do anything. In the summer, the wife has a hard time getting me to come in by 10 on a weekday, having fun doing stuff. It's almost 8:30 and I'm not in bed yet.. odd for me right now.
Just wondering if any of you get this way in the winter.. and what you do, if anything, to get motivated.

What do I do to get motivated in the winter time? I start drinking heavy in early November. Switch over to cocaine by April. Enjoyed the big Christmas feast of roast Koala bear. And am now looking forward to Easter dinner with Hannibal Ham topped with real Russian dressing.

Reminds me of this Thanksgiving... Waking up after 50 - 60 mph winds and finding this...

Took the power lines to the ground and bent two poles....

View attachment 1715451261

View attachment 1715451262

View attachment 1715451263

View attachment 1715451264

View attachment 1715451265

We were fortunate to come through the storms OK this past Saturday night and hope all here did, as well. House and trees are OK. Will need to put a section of fencing that was blown down back up when things dry out a bit, but we were blessed not to have serious damage nor injuries here at our home.

Many were not as fortunate and our thoughts and prayers are with them......

https://www.wunderground.com/articl...-outbreak-tornadoes-forecast?cm_ven=hp-slot-1

G-d bless,

Harry

57; thanks for the weather map. I didn't realize how bad it was for others. Glad you came through with only minor damage.

Krazy; that is a bigass tree. You have a days work to clear the small stuff out of the way before you can even start on the big one. Notice the small tree in the background. It is important to clear the area at ground level so you don't trip over backwards while cutting with a chain saw in your hand. Be safe. At some point while cutting the trunk, the weight of the root ball will likely spring up. It happens fast. Lumber cutters have the #1 most deadly job in the country. Cops and firemen are like # 18 and # 25. And go slow. It will be waiting for you the next day.

^^^^^ The trees you drop just to end up leaning against another and won't budge...they call them " dead man" for a reason!!!

I'd have way more fun in the Duster than on one of the ski doos. Perfect weather for some 4 wheel drifting and donuts!
About 20 years ago I worked at a massive grocery store Warehouse and would drive my 72 Duster to work in the snow.. guys and their little front wheel drive Honda cars would ask me how I drive that car in the snow and I would say how do you think they did it back in 1972..

I always used to think this was just baloney lazy bullshit. I'm in central Wisconsin.. go to work in the dark, sit in a office with a small window up above my head I can't see out of. Leave in the dark. When I get home, I just want to eat, and go to bed. No ambition. Lots of thoughts during the day..and just no energy to do anything.

I am right there with you.
Every year I go through this same ****. Lack of motivation, lack of interest and lack of drive. MY energy is fine but I just don't feel like doing stuff when it is cold and when it is dark.
I do prod myself though. Stuff has to be done around here. Lawns to mow, leaves to rake, general maintenance around the house and to the cars.
I usually feel pretty good up until about mid December. Once I get past Christmas and New Years, My mood generally picks up. By late January, I'm happy that the outdoor temps are climbing. By mid February, with temps in the upper 60s to low 70s, I am getting back to normal.

I am right there with you.
Every year I go through this same ****. Lack of motivation, lack of interest and lack of drive. MY energy is fine but I just don't feel like doing stuff when it is cold and when it is dark.
I do prod myself though. Stuff has to be done around here. Lawns to mow, leaves to rake, general maintenance around the house and to the cars.
I usually feel pretty good up until about mid December. Once I get past Christmas and New Years, My mood generally picks up. By late January, I'm happy that the outdoor temps are climbing. By mid February, with temps in the upper 60s to low 70s, I am getting back to normal.

This past week was brutal, temperatures in the -30 to -40 range, I work mainly outside, froze my *** all week, finally broke the arctic chill yesterday, today was in the 40s, much more bearable.

Thankfully this truck has been keeping me busy so I haven't been able to concentrate on being pissed about no good snowmobile weather.. the surrounding mountains are getting minimal snow and it looks like rain next week...:BangHead:..

I have absolutely no understanding of why people would choose to live in cold regions. I love being outside but being in the cold is a crappy way to live.

I have absolutely no understanding of why people would choose to live in cold regions. I love being outside but being in the cold is a crappy way to live.

I would love to live in a warmer climate, but it's not economically possible, at least where I am now the cold weather only lasts for short periods, where I used to live it could easily last for a month or more.

Not really Kern Dog some of us like the cold fresh air and the quiet sounds of winter living in the middle of nothing. Not for everyone but works for me.

I always used to think this was just baloney lazy bullshit. I'm in central Wisconsin.. go to work in the dark, sit in a office with a small window up above my head I can't see out of. Leave in the dark. When I get home, I just want to eat, and go to bed. No ambition. Lots of thoughts during the day..and just no energy to do anything. In the summer, the wife has a hard time getting me to come in by 10 on a weekday, having fun doing stuff. It's almost 8:30 and I'm not in bed yet.. odd for me right now.
Just wondering if any of you get this way in the winter.. and what you do, if anything, to get motivated.
Have the same problem Ron I think the testosterone level is low. just my 2 cents...

-
Back