Sad to see....

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Seen this on FB, guy said it went to the junkyard :(....hopefully someone buys some parts from it before it gets crushed!

4E8C4D1B-0D6F-49A9-A88C-6D81CC5725AF.jpeg

"Too late"? If He was pulling in? Or the guy said "screw You, I don't give a sh*t", in his head. I've bought cars out of yards, it can be done, depending on the yard.....a '72 F85 & a '90 Dak..

"Too late"? If He was pulling in? Or the guy said "screw You, I don't give a sh*t", in his head. I've bought cars out of yards, it can be done, depending on the yard.....a '72 F85 & a '90 Dak..

I think he meant the yard already bought it and was waiting to unload it....yard must not sell cars....looks like a Washington plate

Why?? Thats crazy to me. He had to have been able to sell it for more than scrap price.

I think he meant the yard already bought it and was waiting to unload it....yard must not sell cars....looks like a Washington plate
You're probably correct, but I've known some people.........let's hope somebody gives it a try, or are able to get a bunch off of it B4 the crusher eats it......

Reminds me of guys seeing good more door cars for sale cheap..screaming "don't part that car, it is too nice." Offer it for sale for a NON parts car, cheap enough and ...crickets.

I turned 16 in 1971. That's when I became interested in owning a car. So the used car lots at that time were full of late 60s Darts, Barracudas, b-bodies, and some 70 Cudas and Challengers. My first car was a 68 Charger R/T. I was never really interested in any Mopars older than that.
I see a lot of members here my age or older. And our numbers are dwindling. It seems a shame but probably not many people interested in a good body like that.
Even some aftermarket restoration parts for my 73 Dart Sport seem to be coming to an end. I guess I was lucky there were any at all.

That's a shame, but we've all done it at some point. In 1975, I was a senior in high school and had a nice 70 Gold Duster that was a 318 car. I saw a 65 Belvedere wagon in the local trade paper that they guy said had a 68 model 340 in it. I went and looked, and verified the 340 and drove it away for $150! That big ol thing ran like a gut shot cat! All I was interested in was the 340 to go in my Duster though. I yanked it out in my neighbors carport, and sold the body to a scrapper for $20. :realcrazy:

When you need it gone, its gots to go! I sold a 68 340 block for $40 with a windowed cylinder. I may have dropped down to $20 as I was moving that day an had to walk away from it anyway. We have self service 1 yard around here that has complete cars for sale out in front. Not sure if the titles are salvage already but they cannot be 'cash for clunkers'. Those are run to seized with silica into the crankcase even though 90% of emissions are emissions equipment related.

Where’s @PrimcessValianf she likes those wagons
I have a 63 valiant wagon. Like rusty says.... you caint save them all. That's a shame but it just made mine that much more rare.

The shitty thing is I bet that one was in better shape than mine lol

CIMG0144.JPG

CIMG0137.JPG

When you can’t find a buyer, sick of seeing it around getting nowhere except back into the ground (rusting away w/perhaps a spouse or neighbor or the town on your *** about it, the route taken above is what happens. Total bummer but, saving them all is impossible.

That sucks! Wagons are cool. Getting mine back from paint next week. Can't wait to put it back together. Pic is before paint. Re painted the same color.

IMG_20180420_143050.jpg

-
Back