Safe redline for my combo?

-

Badart

Reaction score
When would you lift? Here is my combo.

318 .030 over rebuilt bottom end with flat top pistons .060 deck height, Comp XE256 cam and summit lifters. rebuilt Magnum heads with the Chebby behive springs and retainers. .028 head gasket. Magnum dual plane air gap intake and holley 4160 600 cfm carb. So far I am very happy with this little motor. I just don't want to leave parts strung all over the highway. Thanks. FABO Rocks.

With the mad heads, it should pull ok til 6, and you should be good til then, I would think.

But in reality, I would think you would be shifting around 5.

The valvetrain will flaot before you get to catastrophic rpms... But I'd think it stops pulling hard around 5500.

Ive had an acellerator cable snap on me during an upshift when i was already at 5500 rpm, it buzzed to 8000 rpm before i realised
wtf had happend then turned it off straight away.

Would you beleive
Shes still runs like a charm to this day!

318's, you cant kill em haha!

DIdnt mean to jack your thread,just made me think
of what happend to me when you mentioned what
was a safe redline...

Had a 360 break the back off of the crank, at half throttle, and hit who knows RPM's before i pulled the throttle back, all she needs is a crank........ And a 318 will live better.

Had a 360 break the back off of the crank, at half throttle, and hit who knows RPM's before i pulled the throttle back, all she needs is a crank........ And a 318 will live better.

Thats hardcore!!!!!

-
Back