Safest way to sell car

-

67cudafb

Reaction score
Whats the safest way to sell a clasic car? Some much fraud out there. Called the bank and said even casher check may take two weeks to clear.:wack: Called my insurance company and they say if I sign title and realese the car they will not pay if check is fake. :violent1::violent1: So what to do? I ask because my wife has decided to sell her 1966 mustang GT because she doesn't drive it. Looking for a little advice. Help :prayer:

Cash...Cash...Cash... if they have money in an account, they can take it out, if they want the car , they will jump a plane, train , autombile, bus, bicycle , horseback , or what ever it takes to get there with a pocket full of Greenbacks...Cash talks, anything else walks...i would never accept anything but cash, especially now days

wire transfer. when the money is in your account ya release the title.

anything paper wise (cash,any kind of check or money order) can and has been faked..

wire transfer. when the money is in your account ya release the title.

thats very good as well.

i, myself, would never accept anything but green. i have a fake bill ink pen checker thingy, which ive used , right in front of people. you should see the looks on their faces when i bust it out LOL

Escrow services may help with this. I haven't used them but I believe Ebay uses this services, https://www.escrow.com/index.asp.

I used an escrow service when I bought my '69 Dart on eBay several years ago. I deposited the money in the escrow account, the car shipped from Oregon to SoCal. The car was delivered to my driveway and I checked it over for several days before approving the release of the payment funds from the escrow account to the seller.
Best way, in my opinion, if your buyer cannot stand in your driveway with cash in hand.

I have always gone cash, or I would accept cashier check drawn on THEIR LOCAL BANK. That way, if they are not comfortable carrying or meeting someone with huge sums of cash, (understandable, with Craigslist killers, etc) they can bring a cashier check. We drive to their bank, and I cash it right there, with them. That way, I know it is good, and I sign and release car to them in bank parking lot. This allows notary public for bills of sale, etc if needed.

i have sold a few cars and have gotten stung with even cashiers checks. i opened up a seperate account at the bank just so buyers can wire transfer right into the account. i did not use my regular checking account cause you have to give them your banking info

Cash. And do it at your bank where you can deposit it immediately. They will verify every bill for you.

Bank accounts are monitored by IRS especially wire transfer's and all money received needs to be claimed on your state, federal and local income tax

-
Back