Saturday 4-22-23 - I'll take anything better than 12.90's

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
'76 Duster fell through the cracks and has been on back burner for about 2 years. Last time out it went 12.9's. Since we've lightened it about 90 lbs. Also, the carb was robbed off of it for our truck, so that's been replaced with a new Brawler 750 DP. Other than that, the car is the same.
Still has:
  • 3.23 open rear
  • stock 904/stock converter
  • replacement stock 360 with SM heads and a cam almost as big as a stock 340 cam.
Now we need the weather to cooperate. We had snow last night, and they are predicting 40% chance of snow/rain for Saturday :(

Last edited by a moderator:
'76 Duster fell through the cracks and has been on back burner for about 2 years. Last time out it went 12.9's. Since we've lightened it about 90 lbs. Also, the cab was robbed off of it for our truck, so that's been replaced with a new Brawler 750 DP. Other than that, the car is the same.
Still has:
  • 3.23 open rear
  • replacement stock 360 with SM heads and a cam almost as big as a stock 340 cam.
Now we need the weather to cooperate. We had snow last night, and they are predicting 40% chance of snow/rain for Saturday :(
I hope th weather holds out. That Brawler was a dandy right out of the box.

I just bought a 850 race brawler from Speedway. Haven't had a chance to take it out of the box yet. Following, curious to see your results with yours.

Showing how a few well chosen mods can make a huge difference, 80/20 rule. :popcorn:

Showing how a few well chosen mods can make a huge difference, 80/20 rule. :popcorn:
ok, the 80/20 rule has nagged my mind enough.... What is that again ???

ok, the 80/20 rule has nagged my mind enough.... What is that again ???
The idea is you can get 80% of the results for 20% of the effort to get the last 20% that's takes another 80% effort.

So basically you can reach the majority of the goal with a little effort. Out come and effort not linear.

The idea is you can get 80% of the results for 20% of the effort to get the last 20% that's takes another 80% effort.

So basically you can reach the majority of the goal with a little effort. Out come and effort not linear.
After the 10th time reading that I finally got it lol

'76 Duster fell through the cracks and has been on back burner for about 2 years. Last time out it went 12.9's. Since we've lightened it about 90 lbs. Also, the cab was robbed off of it for our truck, so that's been replaced with a new Brawler 750 DP. Other than that, the car is the same.
Still has:
  • 3.23 open rear
I haven't been following along with this car, is it full interior or gutted ?

After the 10th time reading that I finally got it lol
Explanation of idea's especially in written form isn't my strong suit :)

The Idea of the 80/20 rule was originated by some businesses guy's philosophy but people found it to apply to a lot of areas in life.

Explanation of idea's especially in written form isn't my strong suit :)

The Idea of the 80/20 rule was originated by some businesses guy's philosophy but people found it to apply to a lot of areas in life.
You wrote it just fine, I suffer from scatter brain dyslexia and can't see worth a crap on my phone screen.
It is a great rule, when I finally got it, it made perfect sense and something I unknowingly do in everything in my life 80% of the time lol

I haven't been following along with this car, is it full interior or gutted ?
12.9's was full interior. We removed the rear seat now, because nobody ever sat back there and besides, the fold down rear seats are heavier than normal.
It should weigh about 3100- 3150 now by itself.

12.9's was full interior. We removed the rear seat now, because nobody ever sat back there and besides, the fold down rear seats are heavier than normal.
It should weigh about 3100- 3150 now by itself.
That's pretty cool, good work with that.
Hopefully you pick up a tenth and the weather let's er rip

I might take the duster with it's new/ used 360 to the track this spring...
Also maybe the ta...

that 360 going to be stock with a 4bbl ??
Yeah it's stock... I think it came out of like a 75 power wagon and definitely had a two barrel.. I got the performer intake and I have a 600 Edelbrock on the shelf of unknown abilities or condition LOL.. I'll probably just end up hooking it up to the headers I have in the car now...

Yeah it's stock... I think it came out of like a 75 power wagon and definitely had a two barrel.. I got the performer intake and I have a 600 Edelbrock on the shelf of unknown abilities or condition LOL.. I'll probably just end up hooking it up to the headers I have in the car now...
I ran 13.9's with 2.45 gears, no headers, and stock smogger heads. With your 3.54's, and headers you may still have a hot rod :)

Anything I see on the internet for a stock ta should be in the 13.8 to 14.2 range...

-
Back