Saturday at the Races

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Make a few video of today races....Hot as hell again 98 degrees
...DA at 5400 ft....weather is changing for next weekend Division 7 bracket finals...High temp in 80s...

Got some video from a gopro i just bought....it is a work in progress....still learning...trying to get the camera to watch the gauges....want to see the tach but the kids are somewhat in the way...going to try and mount it on the main hoop tomorrow...

Got some video from a gopro i just bought....it is a work in progress....still learning...trying to get the camera to watch the gauges....want to see the tach but the kids are somewhat in the way...going to try and mount it on the main hoop tomorrow...
I was thinking of trying something like this to to watch the RPMs and watch my air fuel because obviously I'm watching not killing myself.
I bought one of those knock-off GoPros and actually tried it on my wife's helmet when we were snowmobiling and it worked well but could never get it to link up to my phone or operate it and watch the videos except for on that little one inch screen.

i downloaded the software at the track and got it to find the camera...

I also have one of those NoPro cheap cameras...

Christin

I need to check to see where the shift light is set.....the Duster has a low gear set in it...and i can see how much faster the 1-2 shift occurs.

I can zoom in and watch the gauges..oil pressure looked good...and fuel pressure was stable....

No gloves? We have to ware approved fire protection on the hands and feet. Not a bad idea if you ask me. Things can go wrong and it can get hot real quick. Cool videos! :thumbsup:

The Duster at launch, I could not see the body over the rear tire/axle lift up or squat down. Usually a stock suspension will squat and super stock springs will lift the rear suspension. To me it looked real solid back there (obviously it works however it is set up).

ladder bars and coil over shocks....with double adjuster shocks...

just got home from track....DA is a mine shaft 5150 today.....LOL

Wind out of the south I’m assuming with the storm coming in

yes,...
FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE
TUESDAY NIGHT

71 Dart....
Video of Round two....Round one 10.50 dial and car runs 10.51 with a .008 light....win light comes on

Round 2....Dial 10.51 with another 008 light.....but..but you let of out the gas and let the other car take the win light....and you see you time slip on the return road,,,,,,Video is a couple of minutes long

10.50 dial and no cage? Or a 4 pt.?
a bit of a temper ?? ….. :D

:) we have all been there. make a spit sec decision and a slit sec later know it was wrong. Beat yourself up over it! and 10 minutes later you're looking forward to the next race.

10.50 dial and no cage? Or a 4 pt.?
a bit of a temper ?? ….. :D

Both girls have gave up alot round wins due to thinking the car is going to break out since they caught the other one "too early".....
Going to have new rule....break out before you give the win light away...LOL

In fact Christin yesterday in the 1st round gave up the win light....

I never let off until after the finish line (back in the day). But then again, I am one of those risk takers.

65 Valiant3.jpeg

Both girls have gave up alot round wins due to thinking the car is going to break out since they caught the other one "too early".....
Going to have new rule....break out before you give the win light away...LOL

In fact Christin yesterday in the 1st round gave up the win light....
If your dialing honest, then sandbag 3/4 a tenth and let them drive the car how they see it. They'll catch and then they can get out of it

5 point is all that is needed to 10.00 times.

Cage faster than 9.99

Cars have a 8 pt roll bar....good to 10 flat...

the cars are dial in tight.....not holding anything

I was thinking of trying something like this to to watch the RPMs and watch my air fuel because obviously I'm watching not killing myself.
I bought one of those knock-off GoPros and actually tried it on my wife's helmet when we were snowmobiling and it worked well but could never get it to link up to my phone or operate it and watch the videos except for on that little one inch screen.
I have the AEM a/f gauge and have videoed the gauge, but the go pro frame rate and the led refresh rate are out of sync. So it is VERY choppy very hard to see numbers.

-
Back