-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopops

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
need 2bbl intake for use with rotary A/C compressor 318 or 360 . i want it to convert my 81 imperial from fuel injected to carb. the older intakes have the heater hose located by the stat housing an no tks bolt hole for A/C bracket

I have one from an 86 5th Ave

Is your engine an LA or magnum, the bolt holes are different. If you have an example(photo) that would help.

Your mail box is full!
I've got an early 360 2bbl intake, but you might want to get a 318 2bbl for a better port match.

I got an old 318 2bbl yours for flat.rate game box shipping. What AC bosses you need?

Just a heads up- sometime in the late '70s they also moved the thermostat housing over to the driver's side to help with clearance on the new compressor, as opposed to the more centrally located one on earlier manifolds which interferes with the later brackets and compressor.
Newer manifold (I know it's a 4bbl., but you get the idea):
s-l300.jpg

Old manifold:
OIP.gwpKLngac4pB7_VZyyzYZAAAAA?w=239&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg

One thing you might consider; keep your TBI manifold (you know everything fits) and use a 2 bbl. to TBI flat plate adapter to mount the carb. There's some out there, or it wouldn't be too hard to fab one up, either.
OIP.Y_fFcrgppyuzGzwBnk-UPAHaE8?w=248&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg

up tks
Is your engine an LA or magnum, the bolt holes are different. If you have an example(photo) that would help.
LA 1981 318
Just a heads up- sometime in the late '70s they also moved the thermostat housing over to the driver's side to help with clearance on the new compressor, as opposed to the more centrally located one on earlier manifolds which interferes with the later brackets and compressor.
Newer manifold (I know it's a 4bbl., but you get the idea):
View attachment 1715890686
Old manifold:
View attachment 1715890687

One thing you might consider; keep your TBI manifold (you know everything fits) and use a 2 bbl. to TBI flat plate adapter to mount the carb. There's some out there, or it wouldn't be too hard to fab one up, either.
View attachment 1715890688
tks will look for adapter plate

I think I sold my last 2 barrel intake for $35 but shipping was over $40.

If you decide you want it, please respond here with "@YY1" and I'll clear out a PM spot for you.

I have one off an 86 318 it will need cleaned up but your welcome to it if you want it

mother mopar made a kit to replace the intake etc. i remember seeing a video years and years ago with a parts list/pic of everything needed. google search maybe.

my in box is full and i dont know how to empty it i want to buy the manifold
Go to the top right hand corner and click on your inbox. Go to all conversations and then leave the conversations you want to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back