SB Honing Plate

-

stormin

Reaction score
I've heard it is best to bore a block with a honing plate. Well, where is the best place to get one. Seems like the local machine shops don't have any mopar honing plates.

Randy~ You try sniders in wai-pa-hu?

How about Ted's?

Thought there was a shop in Waianae that had mopar experience...can't remember the name.

hi, BHJ makes the best honing plates. If you get the standard style counter sunk bolt plates, you can bore and hone with it. that's the best and most accurate way to get straight and round holes. you can leave about .003 to hone. good luck

My local machine shop had a hone plate for a small block mopar. I would keep looking around.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will check out Ted's and Snyder's but I heard they didn't have a mopar honing plate. If they don't I will look at BHJ.

I will check out Hughes Engines. That sounds like a possibilty. I will have to see how much shipping will be but it will still be far less than buying one. Thanks Steve!

I bought one for the shop I was using at the time. You're welcome to borrow it as the newer shop has one. It's for honing only. You dont need to bore with it as the boring doesnt get things that close anyway. I can't imagine what shipping from CT to HI would be tho. It's very heavy... close to 100lbs.

Wow, Moper that is very kind of you. Thank you. Let me run some numbers through shipping calculators and see what I come up with. I was not planning on getting the machine work done until late this year. I did have a couple of more places to check on island before I crossed the pond.

If you want SB honing plates then according to me you should round up your local machine shop near you. Another way is that you should also check out some websites that selling it. You can surely get it.

-
Back