SB Pullys needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a single groove crank pully and single groove water pump pully for a small block. If anybody has these send me a PM and let me know. Thanks.

what year? what water pump?

These items do vary according to what year and water pump as asked by Joe. There are different back spacing on the water pump pulleys just like wheels. Same with the crank pully. It you upgraded your system with something that wasn't factory for your car then you need to give all the details so you get the right parts the first time.

I have a single groove water pump pulley from a 1966 273, blasted and painted, PM me if interested!

Here's what I have. It's a 318 out of a 1986 police car. It is now sitting in my '63 Dodge Panel truck. I mounted an Alt. on it and need pulleys that will work. no power steering,just has to turn water pump and Alt. off the crank. Any help would be great.

Good luck the Aluminum water pumps are longer the cast jobs so yoiull need a deeper pump pulley.. youll have to measure the depth off the alternator pulley to see what depth the other pulleys need to be.

I think I can use the ugly 4 groove crank pully that's on it right now if I can find a water pump pully that's 3.5" long. Or I could make a custom Alt. bracket that kicks it foward to line up with the existing water pump pully.

Here's what I have. It's a 318 out of a 1986 police car. It is now sitting in my '63 Dodge Panel truck. I mounted an Alt. on it and need pullys that will work. no power steering,just has to turn water pump and Alt. off the crank. Any help would be great.

to do it right here are the pulleys and brackets you need..

they sell new but are not cheap..

use the measurements in the pictures to make sure you have the proper used parts..

there are other half assed ways to make it work but you're better off doing it right the first time..

nonpspulley.jpg

pulley3.jpg

pulley1-1.jpg

Thanks Joe,
I'm just gonna bite the bullet and order them. I'm tired of f%#king around (and I already have high blood pressure!!!)

Got the pulleys & alt. bracket in from BPE the day after I ordered them!!!! Didn't get a chance to put them on till today. At first I thought I was dreaming 'cause everthing fit perfect and bolted right up!!!(this dosen't happen when I work on my projects).Very clean one pulley setup.came with all the hardware and powder coated black. This was the way to go rather than spend hours & hours messing around with used stuff trying to get it all to line up, and then blasting and painting all the parts so they look good. Cost a few $$$$ but well wouth it. Thanks to ABODYJOE for the info!!!:supz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back