sb tuning problems

-
Would you prefer factory design' for the transition characteristic? In a carb like a Holley, it is fixed in the metering block. That is one reason to have different metering blocks for different size carbs in the same series. Not sure what the problem is here.

Because the "factory calibration", what's the word for it... SUCKS!!!

A stock 4776-4781 DP carb has a HORRIBLE factory calibration, along with dominators for street driving in almost every case. You can add the 80496 950HP DP carb to that list as well. Fixed plenty of them with hillbilly engineering approaches on the dyno and altering the junk *** "factory calibration" metering blocks.

Maybe take a lesson from Thumper! :)

The OP's carb could use some massaging beyond the normal jetting and idle screw adjustments. Once done, it would work FINE on his engine. Contrary to the normal mantra around here!

Finally got rego on the car!!
Changed the timing to 24initial 34total
Running a 6 ngk plug the car goes great idles reallly crisp at around 900rpm ..
Plugs no longer fouling even at real low rev cruising.
Put on monos and caltracs aswell but havent had a chance yet to really test them :)
Thanks for the help

Finally got rego on the car!!
Changed the timing to 24initial 34total
Running a 6 ngk plug the car goes great idles reallly crisp at around 900rpm ..
Plugs no longer fouling even at real low rev cruising.
Put on monos and caltracs aswell but havent had a chance yet to really test them :)
Thanks for the help

Great that you are getting it sorted out.

I made a custom 20* bushing from an ejector pin sleeve, used in aluminum die casting tooling. J.Rob

Make what you need. I've busted them out using a hillbilly lathe. A drill with a file held in a vise. :) It works, may not be precision as I'd rather have a lathe.

I did happen to get the MSD 10* bushings again.

-
Back