-
Status
Not open for further replies.

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone, have this intake that's in overall good shape, with the exception of one of the carb mount holes being heli-coiled.
Don't think they make this one anymore??
Came with a motor I just bought and don't plan on using it. Too big.
Ports have not been touched.

I'm looking to sell or trade for an Edelbrock Performer non-egr if anyone is interested.
$100 obo/ trade
Thanks! I'm in Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Attachments

• DSC_0264.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC_0265.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC_0266.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 355
I actually hadn't even threaded anything in the holes yet, but just did. There is another hole that needs heli-coiled on the opposite corner, a bolt threads in but the inside looks iffy to me. Looks as if the p/o didn't use long enough bolts. The heli-coiled hole is fine though. I'm thinking of drilling them all for the next size up and retapping them.

Thanks, I am going to pass on it this time, if it didn't have the heli coils i would def. do it as my 83 d150 needs a 4 b carb on it. thanks again and sorry if I wasted any of your time

Thanks, I am going to pass on it this time, if it didn't have the heli coils i would def. do it as my 83 d150 needs a 4 b carb on it. thanks again and sorry if I wasted any of your time

Now that is a shame because a heli coiled hole is stroneger than the way the did it when new, which would be just adrill and tap.

The heli coil is much stronger and will last ALOT longer.
Not getting this intake due to the heli coil was a bad move.

Now that is a shame because a heli coiled hole is stroneger than the way the did it when new, which would be just adrill and tap.

Not getting this intake due to the heli coil was a bad move.

I've heard of people using Heli coils on head bolts with no problems. I've used many of them myself (not so many since I threw away my el cheapo Craftsman poor quality taps and went to Hanson/Irwin). They will be fine on an intake.

Absolutely!! I actually prefer the steel helicoil threads in an aluminum intake for the sense of security they give me. I know I'm not going to strip a thread at the most inopportune time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back