Scat Procar

-

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Has anyone put Scat Procar seats (either 1300 or 1500 classic series) buckets in an A-body? How did it go?

thx, Brian

Has anyone put Scat Procar seats (either 1300 or 1500 classic series) buckets in an A-body? How did it go?

thx, Brian

I was cheap and used my existing 68 Dart bucket seat tracks. I had to drill one new hole in the seat to get one bolt to line up. I think it was the front ones. The seat is very high though. I'm 5'8" and the car is a convertible.

I like the seats though.

Attachments

• DartProCarSeats2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 351
Thanks, Automan!

I wonder if the floorpan dimensions of the early Darts and Valiants are similar enough to accomodate the Scat. Anyone with stories, I'd be grateful to hear.

Those look a lot like the Omni buckets I had in my Swinger years ago.

Look at the update on my 64 dart thread. Last page shows he is running the scat rally seats.

Look at the last page on my thread 64 Dart Update. I used their mounting kit. Had to shim the seats with aluminum plates to get them to sit upright properly. Sit a little high

Look at the last page on my thread 64 Dart Update. I used their mounting kit. Had to shim the seats with aluminum plates to get them to sit upright properly. Sit a little high

Yeah, but they list adapters only for '67-75 A-bodies. What did you use?

Yeah, but they list adapters only for '67-75 A-bodies. What did you use?

No, I got adapters for the 63-66 dart. give them a call. I bought the seats direct. only thing i don't like is they sit a little too high. I may sell these and get the low backs

i had some in a beetle a couple years ago.the biggest thing i remember is on long drives they thrashed my back. i say find some one local who has a set and go cruising make sure you like em before dropping $$$$

i had some in a beetle a couple years ago.the biggest thing i remember is on long drives they thrashed my back. i say find some one local who has a set and go cruising make sure you like em before dropping $$$$

What model seat did ya have?

I know the elite lumbar ones that were in my dart were very comfortable. Especially on a long drive. Maybe it was the tiny beetle

What model seat did ya have?

I know the elite lumbar ones that were in my dart were very comfortable. Especially on a long drive. Maybe it was the tiny beetle

i had the pro 90s high backs. around town they were great but i took it to tempe a couple times (8 hours) and i hated them for that

-
Back