Schumacher or TransDapt Mounts

-

19duster74

Duster74
Reaction score
How does TransDapt's conversion mounts compare to Schumacher's? I always see Schumacher mentioned for swaps but with TransDapt selling for $60 from Summit it is pretty attractive. I know sometimes you get what you pay for. Anyone use the TransDapt with no problems? I am converting from a /6 to a 340 in a 74 Duster if that matters.......

I looked into that some, and went to the trans dapt site to find it is not for the newer mounts that are touted in the Schmacher advertisement as copying the spool mounts design.
You need to have the older design for them to work is what I got out of it.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thats what I am having a hard time with. I saw the TransDapt mounts in an add to fit 67-74 &340/360. I currently have spool mounts and I am afraid there is enough difference that the TransDapt mounts will not work without some fabrications. Probably should just go with Schumacher, I know they are a god fit.

I just did the schumacher mounts in my /6 to 318 Duster. The engine seems cocked a tad to the passenger side. Click below, go to page 4 at the bottom. It doesn't look so in the shots, or perhaps it's just the slant six shroud throwing me off?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508
If you want more shots or a tape measure to it, let me know, I'll do it.

I used the TransDapt mounts to swap the six for a 360 that had spool mounts. They worked great for me but wouldn't use them if you have some serious horsepower. Everything bolted up in the right position and the price was right. Check out previous postings because I saw were someone had used truck mounts that fit the six K-frame. Good luck.

Now don't the trans dapt swap mounts require the older sandwhich type engine to mount buscuits? I was thinking about this for a while and why I didn't go that route. I think that was the deal. The sandwich mounts are hard to find and or cheaply.
Why wouldn't you use them for serious HP applications?

rumblefish360 said:
I just did the schumacher mounts in my /6 to 318 Duster. The engine seems cocked a tad to the passenger side. Click below, go to page 4 at the bottom. It doesn't look so in the shots, or perhaps it's just the slant six shroud throwing me off?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508
If you want more shots or a tape measure to it, let me know, I'll do it.

It is supposed to be "cocked slightly" to the passenger side.

krabysniper said:
It is supposed to be "cocked slightly" to the passenger side.
Really?!?!?1 Please realize it's also been about18 years since owning an A body. All seems good. But like I said.....what do I know? LOL
Thanks.

The TransDapt conversion does have the sandwich mounts. From everything I've read the spool mount will take a lot more horsepower. I've heard that truck sandwich mounts have a steel interlock which can be used. Which one you choose it's sure easier than changing the k-frame.

-
Back