Schumacher slant 6 to small block mounts...?

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any one use these when putting a small block in slant 6 car? I'm doing a 360-based stroker for a original slant 6 Dart, and don't want to swap K-members. Any header interference...oh yea and what header do you have?

As always, THANKS!!

what year is you dart and what motor are you swapping? i plan on putting a 360/904 combo into my 70 dart and looking into Dougs headers. theyr pricey but garunteed to fit. hope someone w/ some more knowlefge can help out!

I have their kit installed in my car..... just fired the engine this past Saturday :-D.
I am currently running Headman Hustlers. W2 cylinder heads and the primary pipes are 2".

Their kit works great! Good luck!!

If you are on an extremely tight budget like I am use the trans-dapt motor mounts for /6 to 360 from Summit for about 60.00, they are designed to be used with the inexpensive hedman headers that Summit also sells. If I remember correctly the schumaker kit is about 159.00. There is a thread somewhere about header choice, some fit fine other had problems. If I remember correctly for the money and fit with only minor dinging the hedman cheapies were the best deal.
If you are doing an A body from 66 down I don't have a clue, I only know about 67-72.

Trans-Dapt wont work with '73+

I have Headmans on mine, and I have power steering. No dinging at all.
I did have to take them off and put them back on about 5 times, but you realize there is a correct method too it after awhile. It's just to bad that method isn't explain to anyone.
I did do a write up on it on here a while back. I have no idea where now though.

If you are on an extremely tight budget like I am use the trans-dapt motor mounts for /6 to 360 from Summit for about 60.00, they are designed to be used with the inexpensive hedman headers that Summit also sells. If I remember correctly the schumaker kit is about 159.00. There is a thread somewhere about header choice, some fit fine other had problems. If I remember correctly for the money and fit with only minor dinging the hedman cheapies were the best deal.
If you are doing an A body from 66 down I don't have a clue, I only know about 67-72.

How COOL IS THIS INTERNET thing and how big our pool of information has become??!!

That's GREAT info right there. I'm doing a '69 on a moderate budget AND already have a set of those cheapy 1 5/8 headers that Summit sells. (Have to run them...they were FREE to me...LOL!)

-
Back