Scoop on a '63 Dart

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
Searched the interwebs but not much luck. Don't want a high rise building just a lil street eye candy. Any of you guys put one on and have pics to show?

,Cliff

Not a 63 Dart,but a 66 Dart with a dual snorkle.The 410 loves the fresh air LOL
car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 186.jpg

The problem is that the '63 has a plateu (sp) in the middle which is where the scoop would prob sit. Thanks for posting, it's good to see pics to get a better idea of what I want.

,Cliff

Want to look a lil more tame. It is a slant/6 4 dr after all. lol Just entertaining the idea. Thanks guys.

,Cliff

I would lean on the small size on a dart, but it is all in what you like IMOP.

kcmcuda - car photo -1 (Large).jpg

Mike do you know who owns that car, I thought it was yours...????

Rickster
Nope, not mine but I wish. I have a photo file on my computer for each year of early Darts and some photos of early Valiants and Barracudas also. I can't remember where I got the photos. This car could belong to one of us. toolman

64 val orange.jpg

6324.jpg

7121958 002.jpg

DSCI2198 (Custom).jpg

Darn Cliff, All the photos I posted don't show hood scoops...................... Here's another.

00230015-02-smlr.jpg

DCP_0923.JPG

Here is the only way to go 8)8)
One day who knows 8)

1.jpg

June third 2010 helping Creed Clean My Closet area OUT! 006.jpg

Yeah, still a different hood than a '63-'64. See the lil rise in the middle? I know its weird to put a centered scoop on a /6, but that's about all this hood will allow.

This is another idea I've been tossing around, semi gloss black stripe along the lower body line...
Excuse my MSpaint skills on this poor guys car. lol

64vert2.jpg

,Cliff

It may be a little big for what you want but, I personally like the look of the late 60s Hemi scoop on early-a's. Its what I am probably going to run down the road.

_YOK8193_copy[2].jpg

You cant go wrong with the hemi scoop, I am in the process of making one that will actually fit my 65 between the two depressions in the hood.

I actually found a scoop that looks nice on my '63. The Hemi scoop is cool but a touch obnoxious for a 4dr street car. It surely does not match the hood of a '63 either. Thanks for the help though guys. Just hadn't seen any on a '63-'64 hood.

,Cliff

Darn Cliff, All the photos I posted don't show hood scoops...................... Here's another.

hey Toolmanmike, I have seen that 354 hemi Valiant at thehemi.com long time ago but have since found no other pics/info on that particular car. I'm doing something very similar...392 in 66 dart. By any chance do you have more pics of that car or do you know the guy who built it?

-
Back