SCORE!!!!!! Look what I just bought for a buck.

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Factory black slant six 3spd 74 Dart Sport. Already put about 25 miles on it. Runs great! There are still amazing deals out there guys. I'll post more pics and the story about the car later.

cc7f4c5a.jpg

38037463.jpg

e39de888.jpg

Smart ***! Congrats! That is a miracle deal. Im a bit jealous,but hey no place to store it anyways,lol!

What are the plans?

It will be my new daily driver here shortly. :)

Great deal on the Sport . . . . but that view . . . . you got a mountain to look at!! Fantastic view . . . envy you . . . not the snow though, we don't have any here yet but it's coming . . . . lol Rog

It doesn't look like it has a whole lot of options, but what a great car. Let me guess, you bought this from your brother or Dad or something.

It is a pretty basic car. It does have the fold down rear seat and a hounds tooth interior. I don't really know how to start the story on this car. I have been watching it since I was about 12 years old. I remember seeing it parked at a park and ride frequently. When I was 17, I decided to find the car. It didn't take me to long, but I never stopped and asked. Well, about three years ago, I finally did (some may remember when I posted pics of it). When I asked the owner about it, he seemed to be giving me an interview to see if I was worthy to own the car. Well, for the last few years I have went and visited him from time to time. Last Sunday, I went out and visited him for a minute and offered hi $500 for it. He told me he was headed out of town for Thanksgiving and would get a hold of me this week. Well, the call came today and he told me to come and get it for $1. I have now driven it about 75 miles.

guys get the hip boots on, shitt is gettin deep in here.

stop pullin our leg!. you bought the car from my grandpa, and i just called him. he said " only in your dreams would you get that fine specimen for $1.00"" lmfao

Thats an awesome story, just make sure you keep going to see him. OR he will paddle your azz

What a great score Jeremy. I have to admit that I am a little jealous. That will make a great daily driver.

What a great find!
That would be an awesome DD. I wouldn't do a thing to it but fix whatever mechanical things happen to be wrong, and just drive it with a big 'ol smile.

Well, I have the snow tires all on, have it inspected and will register it on Monday. The car runs great. I am going to add a few things such as a tuff wheel, dash out of a Hang 10 that I parted, and a driver side sport mirror. I will be putting 15" wheels on it this spring and probably send it to Macco for a splash of fresh paint.

20570b00.jpg

Should make for a good daily driver I think. I am surprised at how peppy it is for just a slant. Anyone have a 2bbl intake and carb they want to sell?

-
Back