Seat belt holes?! Please help never seen this before

-

J.B.

Reaction score
I have a 1971 demon i just bought that has to have interior put back in and all the seat belt hole locations have perfect factory circles with no threads. The holes are the size of a quarter. I have never owned a demon mostly B-body cars, is there a bracket with thread hole that is meant to be bolt screwed in over the quarter size hole as a guide for where the bolt recesses into? Im stumped? Need some guidance here

Any chance the car was originally built for Export? Post a picture of the fender tag...

Any chance the floor has been replaced? Cause a car shouldn't have been allowed to leave a selling dealership in the US without seatbelts

The AMD pans have that big hole in the wrong spot IIRC. The threaded part is actually in the rocker. The big hole in the pan is just to access it. Look underneath in the small gap between the rocker and the floor pan. You should be able to see the hole in the rocker that accepts the seat belt bolt. Access it through the pan accordingly.

The AMD pans have that big hole in the wrong spot IIRC. The threaded part is actually in the rocker. The big hole in the pan is just to access it. Look underneath in the small gap between the rocker and the floor pan. You should be able to see the hole in the rocker that accepts the seat belt bolt. Access it through the pan accordingly.
I have this very issue. The floors had been replaced by PO. I have not found the threaded hole yet, but its on the list. Thanks!!

Zoom in just behind the drivers seat. The dude I bought the project from had welded a nut to the rocker for the seat belt anchor at the AMD hole location. I located the actual hole, and drilled an access hole in the pan. I eventually welded up the first hole. Old pic from when I first got it.

20201027_175318.jpg

IMG_1670.JPG

Last edited:
The holes in the transmission tunnel need a plate with a threaded hole welded in. Which holes are causing issues the ones on the trans tunnel or the ones on the rocker panel or all of them?

The holes in the transmission tunnel need a plate with a threaded hole welded in. Which holes are causing issues the ones on the trans tunnel or the ones on the rocker panel or all of them?
They are all the same, i can just do the retro brackets so can bolt in instead of welding

6003613C-D215-4642-9056-9F497FE4656C.png

Good point! I assumed that the OP was talking about the outboard holes. Yes, a plate needs to be welded behind the ones on the tunnel. The plates normally come with the floor pan.

Good point! I assumed that the OP was talking about the outboard holes. Yes, a plate needs to be welded behind the ones on the tunnel. The plates normally come with the floor pan.
Plates didnt come in mine so gonna have to bolt. The plates down to the pans

Plates didnt come in mine so gonna have to bolt. The plates down to the pans
Don't "bolt the plates down to the pans". If you must bolt them (even if you weld them, actually) they should be attached from underneath the pan, all the strength of that connection comes from the metal of the pan. If you attach to the top, all you have are four dinky bolts (screws?) holding things together.

Guess im gonna have to employ a welder professional to weld them in

Guess im gonna have to employ a welder professional to weld them in
Or buy a welder and learn. In the long run it's a lot cheaper, plus you will have learned something no one can take away.

Anyone have a picture of all the seat belt bolt hole locations gonna peel back some
Dynomat near rockers to find

Don't "bolt the plates down to the pans". If you must bolt them (even if you weld them, actually) they should be attached from underneath the pan, all the strength of that connection comes from the metal of the pan. If you attach to the top, all you have are four dinky bolts (screws?) holding things together.
Man, I'm taking a lot for granted here. I never even thought of mounting it anywhere BUT underneath.

You might consider letting people know where in Florida you are. There may well be a FABO guy (or gal) who lives nearby who would be willing to help you out.

You might consider letting people know where in Florida you are. There may well be a FABO guy (or gal) who lives nearby who would be willing to help you out.
Cape Coral Florida is my location

Correct. That's a great idea.

AMD may be able to supply you with the plates. Did you get the hooks to hold down the rear seat? Those also ship with the pans but are not installed, nor is the parking-brake cable bracket underneath. All three should be welded for safety's sake.

It's not just about Johnny Law giving you a ticket; those seatbelts could save your life or that of a loved one. This is no place to cut corners. Don't half-*** it just to get the car together.

Update here are the holes in question they are the bottom rocker holes for seat belts one looks like it was never even cut out scratching my head never seen this ever

B5E6A43C-0A64-4C20-91E2-6F0261D572F5.jpeg

0571ACD5-CA64-4CBF-B944-660FE8BDFC6E.jpeg

-
Back