Seat bottom question

-

fireguyfire

Reaction score
The interior of my survivor 67 barracuda fastback that had been stored for 30 years is in great shape other than some of the interior that the mice got into.
I am replacing the headliner and carpet, and that should be it other than the rear seat.
There was a huge mouse nest packed under the rear seat. The urine over the year has rotted the seat bottom frame towards the front in a couple of places, but the good news is that the seat cover is still good.

I’m going to track down a replacement, but before I do I need to know what other rear seat base frames will interchange. Will any A body seat base work from the same vintage?
Is there a difference between a 2 door and 4 door A body rear seat?

Yes there is a difference in 2 and 4 door rear seat frames, and also Barracuda notchback frames. Your car has a fold-down rear seat back, correct?

Ok, that’s what I was wanting to find out before I start sourcing a compatible replacement.

If anyone in here is in western Canada and has an old seat bottom frame, I’m your guy!

The interior of my survivor 67 barracuda fastback that had been stored for 30 years is in great shape other than some of the interior that the mice got into.
I am replacing the headliner and carpet, and that should be it other than the rear seat.
There was a huge mouse nest packed under the rear seat. The urine over the year has rotted the seat bottom frame towards the front in a couple of places, but the good news is that the seat cover is still good.

I’m going to track down a replacement, but before I do I need to know what other rear seat base frames will interchange. Will any A body seat base work from the same vintage?
Is there a difference between a 2 door and 4 door A body rear seat?
Hey Fireguyfire,

You should be able to repair the seat frame if you can use a MIG welder or have a friend who can. It is mostly made up of 1/4 inch round steel rod. The flat metal parts are where the hog rings attach and dont have to look perfect as they are hidden. I redid the frames on my front bucket seats and they came out fine. Found the 1/4 rod at Canadian Tire. Also available at Princess Auto.

Thanks cuda, I was thinking that will be the route to go as well since it sounds like finding a replacement won’t be easy

or cheap considering shipping costs

-
Back