Seed truck??

-
X2, i have a shaft for you. If you want it let me know and I will throw it in the mail.
That's totally cool of you and I sure appreciate it! It looks like Jabs going to beat you to the punch though LOL. man you guys are cool!

Try a test spot with some Armor-all. It should restore the color. It isn’t a permanent fix, but it will probably get you the best looking results short term. I wouldn’t use any sort of wax. Wax and vinyl don’t mix and may make it worse.

Another option is to use clean motor oil wiped thinly on the surface with a paper towel. Again, it won’t last terribly long but it can produce some impressive results and it is simple to reapply.
I got crazy when I first got started out there and was trying a couple different things and really went bananas and grabbed a can of clear and sprayed over that back panel and I'll be damned if that didn't do it.. or at the very least it seemed to cure it for quite some time I thought I seen some fading him back but it almost seems like I could put on another layer or something. I might give that another little spray the next time it gets dry out. Also I can see if this is going to hold up. At least for like you're saying enough time to get it gone. actually until I seen it wet I was just thinking of some way to get some new decals for it which is the correct way to do it.

Never seen one break like that before.

I have a replacement for you.
Make me a list.
I have stripped a lot of bb & rb motors and still have the parts from them.
okay I just got all that spaghetti down and was able to go out to the garage and some rubber gloves on and sort this mess out. It looks like the shaft one of those and hold downs one of the middle hold downs and one of the divider washers?? Also I think I was able to find all the parts that looks like the one piece that I grabbed out fits perfectly with no extra material. That very end small one has just a little ground off of it and that could be flaked off into the motor and hopefully going to leave with the next Oil Change. and the one chunk I sucked up with the vacuum cleaner had to been that little piece that's missing from that divider fat washer. So it looks like the four pieces total...
IMG_20190213_194251.jpg
IMG_20190213_194258.jpg
IMG_20190213_194323.jpg
IMG_20190213_194320.jpg

And if I can add, I feel humbled by everyone jumping in to help me with the parts. Thank you very much men...

And if I can add, I feel humbled by everyone jumping in to help me with the parts. Thank you very much men...
Well I'm sitting here and dunking pecan sandies into my hot chocolate thinking about that shaft.
I can honestly say I have never seen that happen before.
I think you got lucky that a lifter did not pop out of bore and drop the oil pressure to zero.
Now back to cooky dunking.

j par, you really have no business working on big blocks. lol I don't think you could handle the power of a 440. lol
Just a few key pieces and that 440 will make you forget about the stroked small block. lol

j par, you really have no business working on big blocks. lol I don't think you could handle the power of a 440. lol
Just a few key pieces and that 440 will make you forget about the stroked small block. lol
I'm not sure which way this truck will go and maybe somebody will want to buy the body and all the parts and I'll end up with it?

I'm not sure which way this truck will go and maybe somebody will want to buy the body and all the parts and I'll end up with it?
My 2 cents..... one without the other really devaluates the individuals.... IF that was a 318 truck, well...... and if you had a smog 440, well..... But IF you have a factory 440 truck and the 440 is IN that truck, now you have an announcement. Savy, mate?

My 2 cents..... one without the other really devaluates the individuals.... IF that was a 318 truck, well...... and if you had a smog 440, well..... But IF you have a factory 440 truck and the 440 is IN that truck, now you have an announcement. Savy, mate?
My first attempt is going to be to sell it whole.

Do you know what the torque spec is on those bolts on the shaft for a big block? On my small block I would do 17 foot pounds.
I think 25 foot pounds on a big block.... last set I did was on my 383 Fury....

I do not remember there being two different lengths of bolts to hold those shafts down.
maybe that could be part of the problem they put the wrong bolts and and never was able to get it to tighten as it may have bottomed outI
LOL side note jab just called me and is sending my parts LOL as I was posting this.

Their on the way. Will be there wed or thur by fedex..

Shaft, 1 short retainer, 1 long retainer, 2 short bolts, 2 long bolts, 2 spacer rings.

Their on the way. Will be there wed or thur by fedex..

Shaft, 1 short retainer, 1 long retainer, 2 short bolts, 2 long bolts, 2 spacer rings.
This should absolutely serve notice to The Forum as to the kind of people you are!
My humble gratitude, thank you!

-
Back