Seed truck??

-
Give the bed a little love today.
Wet....
IMG_20190220_151941.jpg

Mostly dry...
IMG_20190220_170922.jpg

Never noticed the ribbed areas on the wheel wells before. Cool.

Got the new starter from UPS today for the dually.
Did you get the shaft today? Lol

no question mark all day and for the last week it's been saying it'll get here Wednesday and then I just checked a few minutes ago and all of a sudden it has no time when it's going to be here? And the last it was in Burns Oregon this morning and even at that time and last night it said it would be here by the end of the day and again I just checked and it doesn't know when it's going to be here? Probably just tomorrow..

I've almost got everything else done. I just like to paint the rear bumper now. I'd like to paint the white on the top. And I'd like to buy a $20 Harbor Freight buffer and give that paint a good light compound and waxing. I also got the front tank connected up instead of a little can out of the wheel well. I connected my electric fuel pump to the fuel line and it sputtered out a little bit and stoped. Then I poured a gallon in the front tank and it started running again. I went ahead and reconnected the line with a fuel filter to the fuel pump and went ahead and put the rest of the five gallons in the front tank. I I also verified the solenoid working to connect between the front and back tank.

okay it just updated finally and it is here in Troutdale at the Hub. And now it does say it'll be delivered tomorrow. Guess where we're going tomorrow morning???

Wait for it.....

Wait for it....

SNOWMOBILING!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jaws, you are a good salesman. Letting us watch the progression has made many buyers.... LOL

"If it weren't for the distance" .... the ole' say'n.

:rofl:
If it would make the trip home is the question I'm asking.
LOL...... :lol::lol:
Ole' Jaw Par is worried about my valves flying out and hitt'n ya, well,......:D:D I think he better pay attention to what's going on under his own hood.... HE is the one about to have valves flying everywhere... No rocker shaft/rockers on half a cylinder head......

Ole' Jaw Par is worried about my valves flying out and hitt'n ya, well,......:D:D I think he better pay attention to what's going on under his own hood.... HE is the one about to NOT have valves flying everywhere... Because his rocker shaft/rockers are no longer only be on half a cylinder head......

Ole' Jaw Par is worried about my valves flying out and hitt'n ya, well,......:D:D I think he better pay attention to what's going on under his own hood.... HE is the one about to NOT have valves flying everywhere... Because his rocker shaft/rockers will no longer be only on half a cylinder head......

Fixed it.

Last edited:
Ole' Jaw Par is worried about my valves flying out and hitt'n ya, well,......:D:D I think he better pay attention to what's going on under his own hood.... HE is the one about to have valves flying everywhere... No rocker shaft/rockers on half a cylinder head......
I'm not quite sure how your motor works? But this 440 ain't going to lose no valves if there ain't no rockers getting any push from the pushrods?

I'm not quite sure how your motor works? But this 440 ain't going to lose no valves if there ain't no rockers getting any push from the pushrods?
Same words..... LOL
LOL.. And I'm not quite sure how your understanding of a motor works?? But this 360 ain't going to lose no valves over a repaired seat?? Don't know how that valve makes it through the head......

... but I can see busted rockers and shafts coming flying at little kids playing hop-scotch in the neighbor hood... :D

Last edited:
Mom - "Lucy, what happened???"
Lucy - "this truck went by sounding like the beverely hillbilly's, and stuff came flyin' at us and hit Becky right in the face"....
Mom - "who was it?"
Lucy - "I think it was that guy who built monkey bars and put them in the back of his truck"....

IMG_20190221_164943.jpg
I got back home about an hour ago and it was waiting on the porch. I put the Rockers on and it seems to run fine so I'm getting the back tires back on and airing them allI up. I'm going to have to use this last bit of daylight to unload the slides as well home. Will check back in an hour or so...

Ok where the pictures and stories?

Are you home yet?
Well for some reason I can't sleep anymore and when I do it comes on like a ton of bricks. Take for instance yesterday I got up at 2 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. At 7 in the morning I started loading the snowmobiles and we were gone by 9. we were up at Mount Hood by 10: 30 snowmobiling and put about 35-40 miles. After the drive back I fined the shaft sitting on a chair next to my front door. It was actually warm out with some sun so I didn't even unload the sleds I got right to work on fixing the truck. I worked almost till dark and got it running. And had to unload the sleds. I took a shower/dinner. At that time I'm so tired my brain just couldn't work. Fell asleep on the couch at 8 woke up went to bed at 9. Now I've been up for the last hour from 11: 30 unable to sleep.
As far as the truck goes torqued the shaft and Rockers down to 25 foot pounds, finished scrubbing the rear wheel Chrome caps, and got those put on. I aired up all the tires. None of them where even showing on the gauge when I started. I fired it up and it ran good or okay I guess but it's so damn noisy! I mean it does have the stock manifolds which leak like a sieve and make all kinds of noises. I can see the cheap header gaskets under the stock manifolds now. Of course this goes straight down into two massive cherry bombs that kick out on the passenger side. To me it just sounds like a loud *** toilet. With a crap ton of exhaust leaks around the manifolds. making all kinds of clicking and Ticking and clacking noises that go away just as soon as it gets any RPMs..

You may have restless leg syndrome. They have a pill for that. LOL glad it's running.
So what do you think of all that clicking talking clacking cluttering noises when it's idling and then the minute that comes off idle it all goes away? It sounds like the the Rockers and everything up top is clattering like a son of a gun?

-
Back