Seed truck??

-
I would if he wasnt 3000 miles away. Haha.
Beg, borrow or steal a truck and trailer. Stop in Illinois and pick me up and I'll go with you.

We would get to meet J par. Have some chocolate chip cookies and a squirt. And those would be fresh baked chocolate chip cookies I'm sure.

Last edited:
Beg, borrow or steal a truck and trailer. Stop in Illinois and pick me up and I'll go with you.

We would get to meet J par. Have some chocolate chip cookies and a squirt. And those would be fresh baked chocolate chip cookies I'm sure.
Hurry up and we can still go snowmobiling! Heck if the snow holds out till March 8th we could snowmobile one day and go drag racing the next!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like I was saying pretty well-versed in small-block and big-block Still Remains plenty of mysteries for me. Like I know in small block you need a truck pan or car oil pan.
I'm going back and forth...
#1 get it running nicely cleaned up a few things and sell it...
#2 I've always wanted to play with the big block a little bit--- sell the near-perfect bed to recoup and start selling all the body parts left for prophet and put that big block and and trans in a corner for later endeavors...:D
DID NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!!!:BangHead::BangHead:

How's the drip rail around the front of the cab?

Super, SUPER rust prone on that body style.

I have about a dozen of these trucks I have picked up over the years. None of mine are rusted in this area. Usually its the rear lower portion of the front fenders, the bed above the wheel openings, and of course the floor boards and rocker panels.

I have about a dozen of these trucks I have picked up over the years. None of mine are rusted in this area. Usually its the rear lower portion of the front fenders, the bed above the wheel openings, and of course the floor boards and rocker panels.
IMG_20190206_163041.jpg
IMG_20190206_163044.jpg

Yes everything looks very solid I mean even the front windshield isn't smoked. Something tells me that this got put in the barn or in a garage for many years at some point in it's life.

You are also in Kansas.

IIRC cars can sit in that area with no paint, and never get more than surface rust.

Enjoy!

Horseshit. It is humid as hell here in the summer and the winters are harsh. Lots of road salt, im sure not as bad as some areas of the country, but bad enough to cause severe rust issues with old mopars.

Horseshit. It is humid as hell here in the summer and the winters are harsh. Lots of road salt, im sure not as bad as some areas of the country, but bad enough to cause severe rust issues with old mopars.
Just introduced salt on very limited strap area's here:(

That is a nice truck.
I parted out a 73,big block. Motor trans and diff went under a 59 dodge regent.
Still have the body.
I have 3 shells sitting here.
Im after a couple more than i can start rebuilding my power wagon.

That is a nice truck.
I parted out a 73,big block. Motor trans and diff went under a 59 dodge regent.
Still have the body.
I have 3 shells sitting here.
Im after a couple more than i can start rebuilding my power wagon.
I probably have more if I had room...

Like I was saying pretty well-versed in small-block and big-block Still Remains plenty of mysteries for me. Like I know in small block you need a truck pan or car oil pan.
I'm going back and forth...
#1 get it running nicely cleaned up a few things and sell it...
#2 I've always wanted to play with the big block a little bit--- sell the near-perfect bed to recoup and start selling all the body parts left for prophet and put that big block and and trans in a corner for later endeavors...:D
DID NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!!!:BangHead::BangHead:
I can grab a running smog 440 between 500-700 just about anytime I want. I suggest leave the truck together, flip it for profit, and use the profit to get a free 440. Less work for you. Other than that, you'll be wrenching and dealing ….

Down here they are nearly all rusted out BAD along that drip rail.

I have two that are that way.

My 1980 step side (last year of that cab roof) came running and driving in 2015 (OK, I got it running in the sellers driveway) with a '69 440 and 833 O/D for $800.

The 1987 fleet/long I bought in 2017 as a parts truck 225 833 O/D not running for $300.

Last month the 87 finally paid me back what I have in it from selling parts, so I basically got an extra 833 O/D, a floor shift column collar, a caliper and sway bar for the 81 and a lot more parts for free.

Well I'm about to max out my trailer worse than I ever have so I haven't used it in at least 6 months. I better put some air in a tire since they look like they have about 10 lb and then now it's so cold out...
IMG_20190207_110540.jpg

...and I towed them both home with my Dakota R/T and a car dolly.

View attachment 1715286227 View attachment 1715286228
Yes everything looks very solid I mean even the front windshield isn't smoked. Something tells me that this got put in the barn or in a garage for many years at some point in it's life.
It’s an Adventurer with camper top hooks on the bed. I bet it had a camper on it for a long time which protected the bed and roof drip rails. Probably didn’t get driven all that much either.

I just looked at the pics again. Yep, it even has the camper side mirrors.

It’s an Adventurer with camper top hooks on the bed. I bet it had a camper on it for a long time which protected the bed and roof drip rails. Probably didn’t get driven all that much either.
You know it does look that way now that you say that. You can tell the Chrome used to have the wood grain and also the tailgate used to have a wood grain stickers on it.

Ok men (and 2-3 women) it's time to really get it running!
Here's what I know: the owner said it ran and drove fine. He pulled the battery out to charge it and someone stole it. Let a couple of young 20 year old kids try and get it started. I bring a battery look and the distributor cap has a one-inch window broken out of it. I taped it up, I got it to run for just a few seconds and then it started sputtering as if it was only hitting on half cylinders and then done. I said I'll buy it. I just figured the distributor cap was messed up. So I bring out a used small block distributor cap I had laying around and switched it out figuring this might started so I can drive it up onto the trailer. No go. Right away a check for power at the negative side of the coil and didn't get anything. I pulled the number one spark plug to see if I was getting spark and nothing. then I go check the coil again and now it has power? Side note when I pulled that spark plug out it was black and fouled and the Gap was visually not even half what it should be. I cleaned and recapped. Anyways this time when I got power to the coil I tried cranking it and got spark and it tried to fire the truck. So quickly I put the plug back in and give her a little shot of starter fluid and it starts and idles smoothly wants to die after a second or two. It never restarts properly. So I come the next day to pick it up and again put a used cap on it and not getting power to the coil. I try and jump wire from the negative side of the coil to positive and still nothing. I go for pulling a number one spark plug to check for spark and sure enough the damn thing fires up again? (Second time that happened?) So I quickly put the number one spark plug back in and get it to again idle for a few seconds and nothing again. I gave up and we just ratcheted it up on to the trailer. actually it's still on the trailer and I'd like to get it running and drive it off. I won't be able to get off the trailer and position it correctly in my driveway if I don't. the plan is to go down to the store first thing and buy a set of Champion spark plugs a rotor and a cap and a ballast resistor. some other things I noticed when I pulled the headlight switch it didn't turn on or actually my buddy did he possibly didn't pull or twist the right knob either. The blinkers seem to work or at least I heard them clicking. Also it has dual tanks and the owner and again he just had it for a short time he inherited it from a cousin that had passed. He didn't know where the dual tank switch was and I haven't had enough time yet to find it myself as I've been just trying to basically see if it'll run and get home. Oh yeah check for rust was my big thing.
So please stay tuned as likely I'm going to need some pointers. Thank you...

^^^^also again the the previous owner said he drove it onto the trailer and started it and drove it down and got some gas and drove it back home and everything seemed to function as it should. Never died on him or anything like that. He gave me no reason not to believe him.

-
Back