Seed truck??

-
Is it a cracked head or leaking head gasket? I have a pair of replacements if you need them.
Hey it is a 440 those trucks are getting fewer and fewer.

Changed my mind
Looks like rust falling off of the exhaust manifold down onto that lower head bolt and then draining on down from there.

Last edited:
IMG_20190206_163019.jpg
IMG_20190206_162909.jpg

actually I can let the cat out of the bag that is the truck that I bought and is a 74 it doesn't have a 73 Grill. I got to cook dinner feed the dogs light the fire and get back to this thread in about a half hour. Here's something for you to chew on for a few minutes. What do you make of it?
View attachment 1715286119
You know it’s going to snow 2 feet later this week now!

:lol:

It's 74 and older so here we can just go get tags without DEQ so I could just do that and park it on the street... Worst case scenario.

man you guys are lucky to have cheap vehicles. I looked for a week for any truck under 1800 and could not find anything in So. Cal. Finally found one (old Mazda B2000) that needed a new carb. Id buy a slant full size in a heartbeat. 440 would be a little much at $3.50/gal here.

So you got it. Good for you did you drive it?
How bad does it look? Does it shift okay?
I noticed on the passenger side at the front of the bed it has one of those optional tool boxes made into it. That's pretty neat to.
Did you get a title?

Well a couple months ago when i mentioned buying a 75 you said I was crazy and I disagreed with you so that being said.....go for it for 400 bucks what could possibly go wrong!!! I love those old trucks if i could my hands on one I would. Oh btw I passed on the 75 because he didnt have a title.

man you guys are lucky to have cheap vehicles. I looked for a week for any truck under 1800 and could not find anything in So. Cal. Finally found one (old Mazda B2000) that needed a new carb. Id buy a slant full size in a heartbeat. 440 would be a little much at $3.50/gal here.
There was a slant 6 for $650 just recently...

So you got it. Good for you did you drive it?
How bad does it look? Does it shift okay?
I noticed on the passenger side at the front of the bed it has one of those optional tool boxes made into it. That's pretty neat to.
Did you get a title?
I haven't driven it. he told me a couple of young guys came over a couple days ago and were messing with the distributor cap and I noticed they broke a 1in chunk out of the bottom of it and I ended up black taping it back together just to see if I can get it to Fire and I did it ran for just a minute or less and started sputtering and popping and I'm pretty sure it just needs a new distributor cap. I was wondering does a small block one fit that? It look pretty small. I am very well-versed in small-block but very weak and big block.
After talking to the guy I felt very confident he was telling the truth when he said he was able to drive it up to the store it warmed up he was able to get gas for it and drive it back home without it dying. Since it seemed to drive okay the brakes worked. I'm going to try and get my trailer and a friend and try and go get it tomorrow.
The good:
The bed is near perfect and has that cool tool box on the passenger side. Almost no rest in the bed. Especially for its age.
The cab is well seems in very good condition and the floorboards are amazing as far as a truck that'll goes that hasn't been driven. The door panels look good the doors look good the windshield is not smoked one bit.

IMG_20190206_162854_1.jpg

I think before I even pull it home I'm going to try and scrape that in my opinion extremely lame Ram sticker off the windshield. It's not a ram.
Also unlike when I was a kid I am now not into flames. My stupid mind I think flaming LOL

Well a couple months ago when i mentioned buying a 75 you said I was crazy and I disagreed with you so that being said.....go for it for 400 bucks what could possibly go wrong!!! I love those old trucks if i could my hands on one I would. Oh btw I passed on the 75 because he didnt have a title.
Did you post pictures of the 75? Why didn't I want you to get that?

View attachment 1715286172
I think before I even pull it home I'm going to try and scrape that in my opinion extremely lame Ram sticker off the windshield. It's not a ram.
Very cool its solid and other than the fender it looks straight and solid. Those are hard to find around here in that shape. I agree with you on the sticker its not a ram! Its d200 tin grille dodge!

Did you post pictures of the 75? Why didn't I want you to get that?
Yea i did you said i had too much going on to bring another project into the picture. Lol you where right! It was a 75 d100 318 3speed manual. But didnt have a title. He wanted 700. I will try and find the picture again

IMG_20190206_162848.jpg

The old plates.
IMG_20190206_162826.jpg
IMG_20190206_162830.jpg
IMG_20190206_162822.jpg

Also when I think of it I have my old Power Wagon 4 Speed floor hump and if I sold the cab with the title I could offer it as a possible refit for a four-by-four also.

View attachment 1715286172
Also unlike when I was a kid I am now not into flames. My stupid mind I think flaming LOL
I think it qualifies as a power wagon doesn't it. I know my 68 2 wheel drive had the power wagon on it and camper special.
I don't think you should strip that truck seams to be in good shape from the looks of it.
Yes the small block distributor cap will work on the big block.

Here is that one i had found it took me a while to find it I couldn't remember where we was talking about it. It was in my restoration thread.

Screenshot_20181116-090617_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181116-090606_Facebook.jpg

No but i wish! Lol i love those trucks.
Dartfreak buy this truck from J par it's a collectible big block truck..
They didn't make all that many big block trucks especially in 74. Any big block truck is collectable plus that son-of-a-gun can pull stumps out of the ground with that 440.

Last edited:
-
Back