Seed truck??

-
Also trying to give all the information I can it has 81k showing. Brake pedal shows 81k not 181.

my question is, how long (approximately) has it sat since the last time they ran it. That would dictate the steps to getting it running this time around.

Big block trucks are great! You already know that once you get it running you won't be parting it out!

IMG_6558.JPG
IMG_6564.JPG

So please stay tuned as likely I'm going to need some pointers. Thank you...

This will be a snap for ya because this is Deja vu for you. You just went through this entire process on about the same color and type of truck. You'll be fine. Novice the first time, pro the 2nd :)

This will be a snap for ya because this is Deja vu for you. You just went through this entire process on about the same color and type of truck. You'll be fine. Novice the first time, pro the 2nd :)
Novice....lol....

Absolutely no Pro whatsoever but after this little Fiasco with the duster
IMG_20180302_165209.jpg

I'm going to take novice out of my wheelhouse....
IMG_20180303_162831.jpg

I'm positive that collectively we can get the licked though. I think it's going to be more or one of those Phantom things like in your 85 Ramcharger.,

Absolutely no Pro whatsoever but after this little Fiasco with the duster View attachment 1715286719
I'm going to take novice out of my wheelhouse....
View attachment 1715286718
I'm positive that collectively we can get the licked though. I think it's going to be more or one of those Phantom things like in your 85 Ramcharger.,
Hey, my Ramcharger was "318 starts right up"...… LOL Took 30 tries to get it to back off the trailer, and 40 more to get it in the yard...…

…. and don't take offence to Novice... LOL …. 'cuz u where. Jababa and others walked ya through ... and you had company, ME with my wife's '77 Ramcharger :)

Thanks Jabbaba, I was a novice to the full time 4x4 …. LOL

J par you got the best deal.
Your problem is most likely a problem of the truck sitting around for a long time.
318 wantstorun had the problem of fried wiring and setting around a long time.

Also trying to give all the information I can it has 81k showing. Brake pedal shows 81k not 181.
81k is probable by the looks of the truck. My W200 I bought in 1983 has 93k and I drove it every day for 7 years.
are you sure you want to sell it, 440 drivetrain would make a good hauler.

That is a nice truck.
I parted out a 73,big block. Motor trans and diff went under a 59 dodge regent.
Still have the body.
I have 3 shells sitting here.
Im after a couple more than i can start rebuilding my power wagon.
I have an 84 here. you got something you wanna trade........ or sell; PM me

Last edited:
One of the first things I like to do is install one of those clear glass fuel filters with the replaceable elements.

That way you can easily see if fuel is flowing and can judge the condition of the fuel (varnish, rust, etc)

One of the first things I like to do is install one of those clear glass fuel filters with the replaceable elements.

That way you can easily see if fuel is flowing and can judge the condition of the fuel (varnish, rust, etc)
I agree one of my favorites also and I think I have one laying around but I may grab one of those today also.

You like old school, so do I. That thing would look awesome pulling your Duster to the strip. Grow long side burns and lots of folks would be having flashbacks seeing ya

Let me help clarify myself here and help everybody understand that this cannot be anything I keep or love. It is exactly as a title says seed truck. I'm taking money out of our tax fund for the house to get this started and get a prophet going. I must get that money back into the bank ASAP! I have a little time and I'm not in a panic but this cannot be anything that's keepped. This needs to be a maximum profit situation. the first thing I'd like to try is get it running decent and things kind of operational at the lowest cost possible and scrub scrub scrub clean clean clean and try and advertise it whole with a time limit in the ad and a clause to if someone's willing to pay a good price for One Piece like the motor and tranny or the box or something I'm willing to start partying it at that point. I hope this all makes sense. I really don't have the room or need for any more vehicles. I already have two Durango's one of which I need to get rid of my Ram my Duster the 41 Studebaker.. I'm really going to appreciate the help with this one getting it going getting things sold...

If you part it, and the bellhousing has a dual bolt pattern (to accept 833) I may be interested in the Bell.
I thought it was an automatic.
So Dave are you looking for a big block bellhousing? I don't have one but I'll bet someone on here does.

That truck looks decent. You can definitely flip it whole and make good money.

Clean the bulkhead connector, I have had issues with every tin grill truck I have owned with that, when you open the hood, it dumps water right on it.
The easiest way to clean it is with a hand held sand blaster, using common baking soda for a media.

IT'S ALIVE!!
This truck owes me $500! A little lost blood a Band-Aid and one crap ton of elbow grease!!!
Now another$63 into it and what I have in getting at home yesterday is about $100. On top of the 4.
New plugs new rotor new cap new ballast resistor I wasn't even going to play with that. and off she went. She died and wasn't getting any gas and I wasn't playing with those gas tanks for the line into an old oil jug with gas in it and sealed it all up for a 1 gallon gas tank under the hood. I pulled it all out onto the street and drove it off the trailer. Around the block twice and then down the block. Definitely a big nlock! It had no problem getting itself moving. I have a pretty loud clatter sounding up high almost to knock but I think it's more of a clatter up top. And only when when it's seemingly is up what I would calculate pass 2000 RPMs. I also bought a jug of full concentrate antifreeze imported in there as it started snowing. How is scrubbing it and washing it with simple green outside and it brought all the mold off of it and it sure popped and look really nice. But it is definitely go out there and fire it up and start it no problem now. I just don't like that clatter I'm eager to get the driver side valve cover off and see what's going on over there? Never had a big block Mopar part before but of course the stuff doesn't scare me. AGAIN, IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Last edited:
-
Back