Votes: 40 17.4%
  • the Dirty Mary Crazy Lary 69 charger

Votes: 46 20.0%
  • the Fast and Furious 70 charger

Votes: 41 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Thanks 70abdee. I voted Bullit. 68's are my favorate year charger. There is somthing about the round tail lamps. I also liked the bad guy plot for the car. And black on black just took it over the top. I'm glad you started ths poll. I got to see how many vote GL . Thanks again Steve
you mentioned a poll and that really got my curiousity going as well. i wanted to see how the general would stack up against the others. i know i left out a couple of charger "flicks" but these have been the most recognized chargers.

Attachments

• bch3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 198
I never realized that a 68 mustang rides higher then a 68 charger

Sorry fellas 68-70 chargers are not my favorite body style [BUT] the bullet charger gets my vote for my favorite movie star car. The D.M.C.L. Charger is number one for looking like a muscle car. I only watched the dukes cause of Daisy Duke. I hated the charger in Fast and Furious [not a fan of stuff sticking through the hood].

the sound in Bullitt puts it over the top for me- none of those fake sound effects (and 35 upshifts in a scene).
The same soundtrack --albeit modified-- was used in 1973's "Seven-Up's" for the '73 Pontiac Ventura ; and , again , Bill Hickman (driver of the Charger in 'Bullitt') was the bad guy , this time flogging a '73 Pontiac Grandville around .

OK.... I'll admit it. I picked the General Lee. It was THE car that got me interested in Chargers. I have every season of the Dukes on DVD as well as the two made for tv movies - Hazzard Reunion and Dukes In Hollywood - on DVD. I also have the crappy double pack DVD of the Dukes movie with Jessica Simpson as Daisy and the other DVD - The Dukes Of Hazzard "The Beginning" - is even worse with a bunch of no names in it with April Scott as Daisy.

This ain't too hard to take either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=NAMYDESyT7c

Wylde1.

not part of the poll, but what the hell....kowalski had it going on

Attachments

• vpc.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 173
  • vp1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 154
hay 73 how bout some cool pics of the others do this up like the drag car thread u made i like them ...

my favorite GL pic of all time on top. and the aftermath of one those crazy leaps

Attachments

• od1.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 150
  • od.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 181
Charger in Vanishing Point 1997,

Attachments

• i280153.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 142
  • mywifeyesmydogmaybemydo.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 155
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxhtbjYGrI4"]Vanishing Point - It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar - YouTube[/ame]

yes, i forgot about the 68 in the newer vanishing point. there were quite a few mopars in that one

the blue 68 is nice, all 15 seconds of it in the movie. this was a poll pertaining to "famous" chargers that have had a great following and that have had a ton of "spotlight". i was trying to find out what kind of following the general lee still has compared to other chargers that were "stars".

Gotcha, OK, but hey still, what about the Drive Angry Charger? too new? :burnout:

I voted for that Bad A** black "Bullet" Charger. So what color is the Charger
from Dirty Mary/ Crazy Larry. Limelight or curious yellow? Seems to change
color in the lighting.

Blade 68 charger

Attachments

• Bladecharger.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 155
  • blade_charger.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 155
The Charger in Bullitt was the best of the three for a few reasons :

1.) Real R/T , 440 Magnum / 4 Speed / Track Pak
2.) Its driver was also its stunt driver (Bill Hickman)
3.) It required very little modification

Two were used ; both purchased outright from Glendale Dodge (Glendale , Ca.) .

The Bullitt Charger was an automatic. You can see the shifter in one of the scenes. Bonus points, though for being the first person in this thread to spell Bullitt correctly, though! :)

-
Back