Votes: 40 17.4%
  • the Dirty Mary Crazy Lary 69 charger

Votes: 46 20.0%
  • the Fast and Furious 70 charger

Votes: 41 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I love black cars and red cars all i've had for the last 20 years have been black or red......BUT my favorite car cool for a muscle car is orange,thats why i ended up with my dart that i have.So those black chargers look awsome but as far as looks go that orange "lee" with the black grill and push bar IMO should be the standard for muscle,it should be in the dictionary under muscle car.It's what started the "craze"for the general public.Speaking of Hollywood trashing great cars how'bout the movie "Phantasm (2?)" destroying a 71 hemicuda for no reason.

death proof

Attachments

• dpc.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 270
  • DEATH_PROOF403-vi.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 278
  • dp1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 250
FATF 70 charger

Attachments

• faf2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 266
  • faf1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 251
  • faf.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 265
Well, as I have gotten older and seen all the above movies and love all the car stars I still had to vote for the General Lee. when you are 10-12 years old watching that show every Friday night it leaves a lasting impression..

just for kicks..the phantasm 71 cuda. there were three different cars used including a 440+6 pack 4 speed and a hemi droptop

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 254
  • pc1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 250
  • pc2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 256
I must also add the very short scene of the 69 Charger Daytona in Two Lane Blacktop...

Off the subject a little bit.. But i also like the very last scene of Urban Cowboy.. As the camera is panning out across the parking lot of the honky tonk there sits a Dodge Lil Red Express...

the gone in 60 seconds 1974 was full of mopars

Attachments

• gi2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 245
  • gi1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 244
The Bullitt Charger was an automatic. You can see the shifter in one of the scenes. Bonus points, though for being the first person in this thread to spell Bullitt correctly, though! :)
It was definitely a 4 speed ; one can see not only Hickman's shifting prowess on the curved hill at the beginning , but also the (stupid,cheap) Inland Shifter knob .
I'll post the vid of the chase ...

It was definitely a 4 speed ; one can see not only Hickman's shifting prowess on the curved hill at the beginning , but also the (stupid,cheap) Inland Shifter knob .
I'll post the vid of the chase ...

You are both right. One was an auto and one was an 4-speed. The 4-speed was the real R/T.

That auto was used in the final chase according to to an article I read a long time ago talking about Bill and this one was blown up.

The 4-speed Charger BTW was found and currently being restored last I heard (2010).

1202091232a.jpg

@ 1:52 , the knob of the shifter is seen ; @ 2:23 , one can see Hickman shift while driving-up that curved street :

[ame="http://youtu.be/S9YnN23EnTo"]302 Found[/ame]

The Charger was equipped with the 4 Speed , Track Pak and power disc brakes ; a 20:1 gear was installed in the steering gear box ("NASCAR Ratio " ) ; tyres were shaved to "Racing Depth" ; Torsion Bars were elongated for long-travel .

As far as one of the Chargers being TorqueFlite equipped : I wasn't aware of that . I know that both were destroyed in the final scene of the chase ; the first Charger overshot the gas station , so the second "backup car" had to be employed for the re-shoot , thusly destroying it in the process .

I highly recommend the remastered disc of "Bullitt" , as it contains a gang of behind-the-scenes footage of Hickman and McQueen flogging their respective cars at Sears Point ; footage of Hickman crashing-into that parked 50's Mercury ; and other great scenes
( If I had a time machine , I'd go back to '68 and "do stuff" with Jacquelin Bissette =P~ . Those black Go-Go boots , that minidress and her accent make me "excited" :tard: ).

You are both right. One was an auto and one was an 4-speed. The 4-speed was the real R/T.

That auto was used in the final chase according to to an article I read a long time ago talking about Bill and this one was blown up.

The 4-speed Charger BTW was found and currently being restored last I heard (2010).

1202091232a.jpg
DAMN ! I'd LOVE to do a title search from this car's v.i.n. , just to see if :
1.) It was originally sold to Glendale Dodge
2.) It was originally titled to the movie studio
3.) If it had/has a salvage title

I know that both were destroyed in the final scene of the chase ; the first Charger overshot the gas station , so the second "backup car" had to be employed for the re-shoot , thusly destroying it in the process

That is one of the rumors but the other is that the real R/T car was also used as the Camera Car. The other half of the rumor:

bullitt_1.jpg

bullitt_2.jpg

bullitt_3.jpg

Now that being said there was NO documentation from Warner Bros about the VIN numbers on the cars used in the movie. So technically it can never be 100% proven.

the sound in Bullitt puts it over the top for me- none of those fake sound effects (and 35 upshifts in a scene).
totally agree; once in a while I throw in the DVD, turn my 5.1 set up "to 11" and sit back and enjoy the chase scene. Pure entertainment.

I can't pick my favorite Charger, they all have their roles...but what's your favorite A-body in a movie? The sniper scene in The Jerk is pretty damn good, but....how many more are out there?

Good morning folks :coffee2: Here on the hill I would have the drag racing car in a tailor on a track some where doing what it does best.

Hearing his son talk about the car he built and built like it was betrayed Fast & F. car for me

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn5jc3B-egw&feature=related"]Fast And the Furious Drag scene! - YouTube[/ame]

excellent interesting article Drache, thanks for posting it. i always wondered if those 68s were all gone.

Voted for the Fast & Furious Charger...who cares if its Chevy powered...it's all about Mopar exposure.

People who saw the movie will remember the street racing scene and the big wheelie!

vbpgimage.php

Being a kid in the 70s #2 would be the General Lee....

vbpgimage.php

Paul

-
Back