Seriously 92+ watchers for this????

-

dragondan64

Banned
Reaction score
Roaming around ebay looking for parts and ran across this complete 8.75 rear end for an outrageous amount of cash and there are over 92 watchers of it!!! Do these really sell? Or should I ask do people really pay this for these?? If so lets all check our gaages for spare rears!!! I also see 8.75 center sections going for over $1500 each????

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-8-3-4-A-B-C-E-Body-8-75-Compl-differential-Dodge-Rear-End-Tru-Trac-Chrysl-/160297010036?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2552724374&vxp=mtr"]Mopar 8 3 4 A B C E Body 8 75 Compl Differential Dodge Rear End Tru Trac Chrysl | eBay[/ame]

somebody like you finds this, posts on a forum, "everybody" goes takes a look..............

on other hand what is chance that around the world 100 people are actually interested?

somebody like you finds this, posts on a forum, "everybody" goes takes a look..............

on other hand what is chance that around the world 100 people are actually interested?

You must not be an e-bayer...Lots of difference between looks and watchers.Watchers put it on a special list to keep track of it.

I always "watch" things. But in reality I am comparing things.

I watch one item, find a similar one, watch it, find another, watch it, etc. Then I debate which one is worth the money, and make as best a decision as I can, watch it till it hits 10 seconds left, and then bid what i will pay for it. I do not "snipe" by putting an outrageous amount above so that you can never +1 me. I only put what I'll pay, that way when the bidding ends, if i didn't "win" no big deal, and I look through the other ones i watched.

I also watch things to see if they go down in price. Odds are if it's over the hill, it won't sell, and if I'm watching it, Ebay will tell me when the seller relists it, and usually it's for a lower price. Then you just keep watching and waiting for the price to go down, which is probably what you're seeing there.

Yeah my point is do these rears sell for that price? I have been an ebayer since 1997 so very informed of why we "watch" things and its for info and to see what things go for but this shocked me these rears and gears going for these prices. I guess I will get mine gathered up and post them on ebay.

It looks like every part is new or am I wrong? What do these parts cost, housing, brakes, axles, bearings, sure grip plus whatever else... Are they cheap?

Are all your parts new...

Every rear end I have for B and E bodies down in Florida are totally rebuilt and powder coated. 8.75 Housings are about 100-150 from junk yards and most come with axles and brakes and you can get cases for about 50 bucks and new gears and bearings sets are around 325 and labor for powder coating and setup gears is about 350 so no where near 2600 bucks but somebody that could do all these things themselves could make some money building and selling them. I have about 5 dana 60's fully restored for B and E bodies also. But me and dad aren't selling them as of right now. We might liquidate some stuff next summer after I inventory everything he and I have accumulated over the past 50 years!

As you've said, a lot of people watch stuff just to see if it goes for that money. It's gives them a baseline as to which to sell.

One of the mistakes you're making, too, is equating everything with your location. It's great you have rears like this inventoried in Florida (careful, there, you'll get accused of being a hoarder and then looked down upon for not sharing the wealth), but in some areas of the country the supplies have dried up. These cars have long since hit the crushers due to rust and with that so goes the engines, trans, and rears.

There are no salvage yards in my area that has the ability to inventory anything over a certain age because anything older has long since been turned into Hondas.

The watchers might also be people trying to put a car together and get a feel for what it's going to cost to buy parts.

That's John Wolfe over in Eaton CO. Mopar Madness.
Real good diff builder but is prices are on the high side.

**** for that money you can get a new dana.. :)

Dana S60
Chromoly Yoke
Wilwood discs
Powdercoated
True-trac
Oil

Brand new shipped to me assembled for 3200 from strange.

==================

Used 8.75 that was in my car.

A body rear
posi
3:73 gears
Drums
Out of a running car, ready to bolt in

You can ask any price you want.When I want a true Idea of what they are worth I go to completed auctions and see if they sold and for how much.

Ive bought ring and pinions and other stuff from John wolfe he isnt cheap but hes top notch.

-
Back