SFI Question

-
Wake up this morning, and BAMB I have my question answered from the NW director,very polite, and it was the one I was looking for.

Can you run an out of date SFI part even if its not required for your class/time/mph?

Here is the answer I got:

Hello Bruce,

You are correct. You can use this set of belts in a car that does not require the seat belts to be SFI certified. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks

Bob Blackwell
NHRA Technical Services

Here is the answer I got:

Hello Bruce,

You are correct. You can use this set of belts in a car that does not require the seat belts to be SFI certified. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks

Bob Blackwell
NHRA Technical Services

Print it, and keep it......

Ok-Window net question??? Does anyone have a pic of them installed??? I'm don't get the "Inside the cage" statement,Every car I have seen has it mounted to the door frame itself could someone help me with this--Thanks Steve

mounting points need to be "inside the cage"......not on the out side of the cage...

Thanks Tony-I just found some pics on the internet of the installs-How's tonya's car doing????? Thanks Steve

Little trick I did on my Daytona, because it was tight. I mounted the female part to the car, left the male part on the net bracket. That way the male part isn't sticking down, and gouge you in the back when getting in.

I'm a tech inspector at Mission Raceway Park in Canada, close to the border. It really bothers me when other tech guys can't make sense of what the book says. The test really isn't that hard, it's only 40 questions open book. They give us a couple hours to write the exam, and it barely takes my wife and I 45min to do it. Some guys really seem to struggle with it and run out of time. I remember the big debate about expired belts in slower than required cars. I always passed them cause I knew there really wouldn't be an issue. I try to work with the racer to make their life enjoyable at our facility so they continue coming back. I will help them to find solutions to any deficiencies, or point them to other helpful racers so they can get their ride sorted out. It always helps when the racer arrives at tech with a good attitude and is willing to take a little constructive criticism about their pride and joy.

Kris

Good post,above... Thanks for the post 805,clears a lot of confusion issues. Good enlightening thread.

I'm a tech inspector at Mission Raceway Park in Canada, close to the border. It really bothers me when other tech guys can't make sense of what the book says. The test really isn't that hard, it's only 40 questions open book. They give us a couple hours to write the exam, and it barely takes my wife and I 45min to do it. Some guys really seem to struggle with it and run out of time. I remember the big debate about expired belts in slower than required cars. I always passed them cause I knew there really wouldn't be an issue. I try to work with the racer to make their life enjoyable at our facility so they continue coming back. I will help them to find solutions to any deficiencies, or point them to other helpful racers so they can get their ride sorted out. It always helps when the racer arrives at tech with a good attitude and is willing to take a little constructive criticism about their pride and joy.

Kris

Thanks Kris for your hard work.At most tracks the tech's are really cool, and I agree, if you approach them with a good attitude, and not try to argue with them, it goes a long ways with getting minor issues resolved.

Chris

You're welcome, Chris. I know from my point of view I don't mind many tech guys checking it over and pointing things out for me that way if I'm at another track there should be less wrong in other peoples eyes. I like a little criticism as long as they're nice about it.

that's funny on the window net.... the chassis guy I use has put nets on the last two cages I've had built (10+sec cars) and that's EXACTLY the reason why.... "some tech guy somewhere will hassle you about the net" :)

that's funny on the window net.... the chassis guy I use has put nets on the last two cages I've had built (10+sec cars) and that's EXACTLY the reason why.... "some tech guy somewhere will hassle you about the net" :)

Just read the tech book, print the page, or get an email back from NHRA central and print it, put it in your book (or in the car) with all your other info then there won't be a discussion about it again with any tech.

I didn't have a prob with it. Nets are cheap, and not a bad idea..... besides, it's going to be required if I ever get the other mill up and going.

-
Back