Share Your Christmas Memories for the Kids

-

memikeswife

Reaction score
Mike and I will have our grandkids over next weekend and trying to come up with some fun christmas ideas for them. Please share any ideas you may have. Here is one I will share.

Reindeer Food
Makes 1/2 cup of reindeer food

1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup sugar
reg sugar crystals or green sugar crystals or glitter

1. Mix all ingredients
2. Spread on lawn Christmas Eve to guide Santa's reindeer to your home!
3. Here's the poem to go with this special food!
4. SPRINKLE ON THE LAWN AT NIGHT.
5. THE MOON WILL MAKE IT SPARKLE BRIGHT!
6. AS SANTA'S REINDEER FLY AND ROAM.
7. THIS WILL GUIDE THEM TO YOUR HOME!

I will make this up for them, place it in a pretty red bag with a reindeer food label and read the poem. Mom and Dad with help them sprinkle it out on the lawn Christmas Eve.

Thanks and would love to hear your fun and creative ideas.

Treva

Treva that's pretty cool!

We never had any children I but I'm betting it will work good on the little nieces.

Last year we went to Alaska and meet a gentleman on our trip.

We had our picture taken with him we told our nieces Santa was on our
cruise that he was taking a little break before the big day.
tm santa Medium Web view.jpg

My wife ask if she could take his picture for our nieces he said sure how many do you have she said three young ones.

He said here give them this to them.

santa Medium Web view.jpg

santa2 Medium Web view.jpg

santa Medium Web view.jpg

santa2 Medium Web view.jpg

tm santa Medium Web view.jpg

norshorblufish, I love the poem and the santa. Thanks for sharing. Your nieces are very lucky to have you guys.

Mike and I will have our grandkids over next weekend and trying to come up with some fun christmas ideas for them. Please share any ideas you may have. Here is one I will share.

Reindeer Food
Makes 1/2 cup of reindeer food

1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup sugar
reg sugar crystals or green sugar crystals or glitter

1. Mix all ingredients
2. Spread on lawn Christmas Eve to guide Santa's reindeer to your home!
3. Here's the poem to go with this special food!
4. SPRINKLE ON THE LAWN AT NIGHT.
5. THE MOON WILL MAKE IT SPARKLE BRIGHT!
6. AS SANTA'S REINDEER FLY AND ROAM.
7. THIS WILL GUIDE THEM TO YOUR HOME!

I will make this up for them, place it in a pretty red bag with a reindeer food label and read the poem. Mom and Dad with help them sprinkle it out on the lawn Christmas Eve.

Thanks and would love to hear your fun and creative ideas.

Treva

Well I will be darn :happy10: My wife finally jumped in and posted :cheers:

The children will love doing the rain deer feed bag :love7:

I will be on the roof with a 20 gage mag slug waiting for the deer to enjoy the feed :toothy7: me so bad :bootysha:

Hello dear :hello2: I am so proud of you :love7:

Well I will be darn :happy10: My wife finally jumped in and posted :cheers:

The children will love doing the rain deer feed bag :love7:

I will be on the roof with a 20 gage mag slug waiting for the deer to enjoy the feed :toothy7: me so bad :bootysha:

Hello dear :hello2: I am so proud of you :love7:

Don't let the grandkids read this, they will be mad at papa. You little :snakeman: you!!!

Mike

Reindeer chili is pretty good had some of that up there.

And no the beans weren't deer droppings, but it had me thinking for a bit.:-D

Late Christmas Eve after we kids were supposed to be asleep our Dad would always climb up on the roof and stomp around and ring jingle bells. Christmas morning we weren't allowed to open our gifts until our Grandparents came...We passed the time eating cinnamon rolls and Dad would say 'Now you kids didn't hear anything last night because you're supposed to be asleep when Santa comes,' and we always said 'NO, we didn't hear ANYTHING!' If anyone got a big present like a bike it would be on the roof; Santa couldn't get it down the chimney. One year a dishwasher was on the roof, gift for Mom. It really is worth it to do those little extra things for the kids.

Happy holidays Treva and Mike. That sounds like a fun time for the little ones. I can't think of any thing special other then staying up late and assemble stuff, which would have been for the kids. I will have to start something for the grandkids, when that happens. 8)

I do have a funny memory involving the ex-wife. It was about 1 am Christmas eve/morn. and my neighbor who was dressed as Santa was sitting at the kitchen table with me.(he would bring his kids toys in that way) Well the ex went to her moms for some last minute setup for the next day. When she got home and opened the front door and looked over at us, she about had a heart attack :-D, she did not expect Santa to be sitting there. The look on her face was of shear terror. I guess that why she is the ex.....anybody who's afraid of Santa Clause has to be whacked. :toothy10:
She said he could have been a axe murderer. :dontknow:

Sorry for the long story, you have a great thread idea and hope it get's good response. Take care memike for us. He's a keeper.:king:

Noel, aka-homecloned:thumblef:

Don't forget the cookies and milk, Santa gets hungry on his long journey!! My wife still does this even though the kids are spoiled rotten teenagers by now.

Christmas is about family (and Christ), enjoy!!

Late Christmas Eve after we kids were supposed to be asleep our Dad would always climb up on the roof and stomp around and ring jingle bells. Christmas morning we weren't allowed to open our gifts until our Grandparents came...We passed the time eating cinnamon rolls and Dad would say 'Now you kids didn't hear anything last night because you're supposed to be asleep when Santa comes,' and we always said 'NO, we didn't hear ANYTHING!' If anyone got a big present like a bike it would be on the roof; Santa couldn't get it down the chimney. One year a dishwasher was on the roof, gift for Mom. It really is worth it to do those little extra things for the kids.

Goldfish, your dad sounds like a pretty cool dad. He reminds me of some of the things my dad would do. I will definitely pass this on to my son, his kids would love it. How did he get the dishwasher on the roof? Thanks for sharing a wonderful memory. Treva

Memikes Wife,

Treva, I have no children so I can't give you any good suggestions, but I can offer you this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyI7cYphSDs&feature=related

Have a very, very Merry Christmas and "Glory to Our Newborn King!"

Ramcharger, that was beautiful!! she sounds like an angel :angel7:. Also congratulations on your job and promotion when things turn around they really turn around. You must have a special angle watching over you. Thanks again and Merry Christmas. Treva

Happy holidays Treva and Mike. That sounds like a fun time for the little ones. I can't think of any thing special other then staying up late and assemble stuff, which would have been for the kids. I will have to start something for the grandkids, when that happens. 8)

I do have a funny memory involving the ex-wife. It was about 1 am Christmas eve/morn. and my neighbor who was dressed as Santa was sitting at the kitchen table with me.(he would bring his kids toys in that way) Well the ex went to her moms for some last minute setup for the next day. When she got home and opened the front door and looked over at us, she about had a heart attack :-D, she did not expect Santa to be sitting there. The look on her face was of shear terror. I guess that why she is the ex.....anybody who's afraid of Santa Clause has to be whacked. :toothy10:
She said he could have been a axe murderer. :dontknow:

Sorry for the long story, you have a great thread idea and hope it get's good response. Take care memike for us. He's a keeper.:king:

Noel, aka-homecloned:thumblef:

homecloned, that was a good story, I agree! how could anyone be afraid of santa. Thanks for sharing and I will take good care of memike, I've keep up with him pretty good for over 30 years now, don't plan on losing him after now. Merry Christmas

Don't forget the cookies and milk, Santa gets hungry on his long journey!! My wife still does this even though the kids are spoiled rotten teenagers by now.

yes, this is one we always did for our kids and my mom did for us. My son has kept this tradition also. It is such a good one that no kid will every forget. Thanks and Merry Christmas. Treva

Dont you like your milk and cookies?

Merry Christmas...here's one my daughter is doing with the boys...

Take a peppermint mint, the round one and plant it in a small pot of soil. The next week substitute a small candy cane coming up out of the soil, the next week put in a larger one and so on...

The boys actually think they are growing candy canes....

Dave

Treva, Dad is an engineer, he rigged a hoist using pulleys alongside the TV antenna support. Stuff like that is easy for him. Yeah he's cool.

Another thing, at bedtime on Christmas Eve all us kids gathered around him on the couch and he would read 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.' He gave us each a small glass of Harvey's Bristol Cream to make us sleepy. -David

My sister would never let me put the fur lined boots in the fireplace at my parents' house on Christmas morning....:angry7::toothy10: ("Oh, no, kids! Look what happened to Santa!")

Seriously, the thing I remember about Christmas as a teenager was getting up and nothing could happen until my folks had coffee. I'm like that now.
It was my job to hand out the gifts on Christmas morning, as well as put 'em under the tree the night before. So I was Santa. I'd watch everyone open their gifts, then go sit in a quiet corner and open mine. For me it was more about looking at the excitement on everyone else's face. I still try to quiet myself away when the family is here, but my wife won't let me.

I remember the milk and cookies. And I'd leave a note from Santa to the kids telling them to be good and thanks for the milk and cookies. Did that every year for my niece and nephew. One morning my niece, now 21, then about 10, told her mother she knew I was Santa: Santa has my handwriting. I remember when she got in her teens she'd stay up with me to put the gifts under the tree. Her brother is over six years younger than she, so it meant a lot to her to help play Santa for him...

Thanks, for the thread. Love the memories and reading about others'.

Merry Christmas...here's one my daughter is doing with the boys...

Take a peppermint mint, the round one and plant it in a small pot of soil. The next week substitute a small candy cane coming up out of the soil, the next week put in a larger one and so on...

The boys actually think they are growing candy canes....

Dave

That is a very creative idea. Thanks Dave, I will have to share this with my son. Thanks

-
Back