She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
Ehhhhh . . . . the bugs just give it more protein . . . lmbo :toothy10:

and they notice the gnats and tree leaf imprint first, then never even see my poor welding job!:cheers:
The hood and trunk decks are up at the shows anyway! LOL! "Baby" has won a few trophies with bugs and 1 leaf inprint in the hood from painting in the fall! LMAO!!!:toothy10:

Sorry, nothing done on Lump today.

I was hearding junk.

Well FABO, we'll try to make it up tomorrow after my Harbor Freight run in the AM after kicking the 2nd car off the truck!

Cheers!:drinkers:

Sorry, nothing done on Lump today.

I was hearding junk.

Well FABO, we'll try to make it up tomorrow after my Harbor Freight run in the AM after kicking the 2nd car off the truck!

Cheers!:drinkers:
Harbor Freight?? Whatcha buyin' ??

and they notice the gnats and tree leaf imprint first, then never even see my poor welding job!:cheers:
The hood and trunk decks are up at the shows anyway! LOL! "Baby" has won a few trophies with bugs and 1 leaf inprint in the hood from painting in the fall! LMAO!!!:toothy10:
John, did you ever do a rebuild thread with Baby??

Harbor Freight?? Whatcha buyin' ??

mood music, HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwPt-8ZJeEM&feature=related"]YouTube - Presidents Of The USA - Lump & Video Killed The Radio Star (Live)[/ame]

Here's what I got to help us cut up Lump some more!

Lex is modeling it for you.

I got it after I dropped a car off this AM.
been wanting one for years. They are usually hard to find, not at Lowes etc, and if you do find a a Farm/tractor store they can be as high as $230.00, if you find one. My professional welding buddy had a different brand one he found at a flea market and has been using for 20 years!!
Well, now there's Harbor Freight. Same buddy warned me to just get the replacement warranty and it's all good. Only bad is 35 miles from my house. But man, I'm like a kid in a candy store in there.

Couple days ago bought a floor jack there, 3 ton steel double pumper with pad on handle, jack, 2 year protection, rubber pad, all for $103.00. Not bad considering the next closest I found with no 2 year deal was $135.00.
Last year I had gotten 2 in a row at Lowes that was bad, then the last one before winter almost went through the window at our local SEARS store.
To this day, the Mgr at Sears that banned me after screwing me (he banned me due to me not rolling over saying Thank You Sir may I have another, without lube or dinner please) still walkes briskley back to his office when I walk in the store. (doesn't want me going to regonal mgr again. His Boss the distric mgr, and him got in trouble with the regonal guy in Chicago for the way they tried to do me.
Oh Yeah, they know my name at my Sears store and it's not in a good way. So be it, all the sales staff likes me! The nice older gals there think I'm the nicest guy untill their Ahole boss set me off. They still laugh about it! (not the store mgr though)

So I guess you could say for right now, I'm OK with Harbor Freight but have not had to drive back 30 or so miles each way to return something....yet. So far they are pretty nice people there too. Wonder how nice they are when I return something....We'll see.....

Got to get ta cuttin some metal on Lump now, I'll check back later....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 409
Hey you got me to put my next project in the garage today. No work yet though I have to go pick up a car we bought for my girlfriends daughter. Great news is I have a showing on my house p.s. hope it sells so I can buy a place to put a hoist in a barn. I feel for ya working on the back and knees is a killer and its time for me to try for a change before I am too old to do it.

Hey you got me to put my next project in the garage today. No work yet though I have to go pick up a car we bought for my girlfriends daughter. Great news is I have a showing on my house p.s. hope it sells so I can buy a place to put a hoist in a barn. I feel for ya working on the back and knees is a killer and its time for me to try for a change before I am too old to do it.

COOL! Motivation!!!

Lift in a barn.....my dream too, but I feel like I'm closer to the retirement village 10 miles from the beach! LOL!!

I use alot of thick rubber mats, old carpet, old blankets, old floor mats. Anytime I hit the deck (In a controlled fall) I always use a mat of some sort even in the summer!!

Here's what I got to help us cut up Lump some more!

Lex is modeling it for you.

Got to get ta cuttin some metal on Lump now, I'll check back later....

WOW, wish I hadn't bought that combination!

The tool has too many RPM's. Most cutting disk are rated for 1200 rpm, the tool runs at 2400 rpm!! It should run half this speed. Only way around it is a step down transformer in a box with a plug In and a plug OUT. That might void the warranty!
I put a 3" 2400rpm rated disk on and it almost flew apart before I was cutting! the centering chuck I had to buy seperately is not milled close enough on fit to insure the disk is centered so therefore it never is!!
I'm just going to try to take it back.

I need a torch or plasma cutter but can't afford.
Work stopeed today on Lump before it started.

"The first step to a safe job site is a safe man."
The tool would decapitate me sometime in the future if I keep it, so it gonna be gone. I'm not using it.

WOW, wish I hadn't bought that combination!

The tool has too many RPM's. Most cutting disk are rated for 1200 rpm, the tool runs at 2400 rpm!! It should run half this speed. Only way around it is a step down transformer in a box with a plug In and a plug OUT. That might void the warranty!
I put a 3" 2400rpm rated disk on and it almost flew apart before I was cutting! the centering chuck I had to buy seperately is not milled close enough on fit to insure the disk is centered so therefore it never is!!
I'm just going to try to take it back.

I need a torch or plasma cutter but can't afford.
Work stopeed today on Lump before it started.

"The first step to a safe job site is a safe man."
The tool would decapitate me sometime in the future if I keep it, so it gonna be gone. I'm not using it.
That's smart . . . how about an air powdered?? You can regulate it down for lower speeds?? Trade it in . . . .

John, did you ever do a rebuild thread with Baby??

Yes I did.
The pics and partial restore were done before i knew about FABO so I did not have any publishing plans for the pics back then. So they aren't as "polished" as they are nowadays.
Speaking of polished pics, I won my next camera on ebay! Should be here before end of the week!! WOOOOHOOOO!!
Then I can send the older one I wore out here on FABO off to be repaired and still have a camera here to keep up to date with Lumps restore!

Here's the link to Baby's restore thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=93769
Thanks for asking!

Yes I did.
The pics and partial restore were done before i knew about FABO so I did not have any publishing plans for the pics back then. So they aren't as "polished" as they are nowadays.
Speaking of polished pics, I won my next camera on ebay! Should be here before end of the week!! WOOOOHOOOO!!
Then I can send the older one I wore out here on FABO off to be repaired and still have a camera here to keep up to date with Lumps restore!

Here's the link to Baby's restore thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=93769
Thanks for asking!
Fantastic John, I guess all this time I assumed you bought Baby as she is, in show condition. Had to ask if you restored her because you are that kind of guy!! I'm sure you will be getting your fingers greasy with Daisy too. lol

Fantastic John, I guess all this time I assumed you bought Baby as she is, in show condition. Had to ask if you restored her because you are that kind of guy!! I'm sure you will be getting your fingers greasy with Daisy too. lol

Daisy already has a laundry list, has been cussed about, and has had some things crossed off the list already!! LOL!!!
Poor thing her name was crap in my book as soon as she got here. (now sans 69 & 75)

Yeah, All of baby's pictures were pretty much done before I even knew of FABO. Once I get started on her again I'll dig out more pre FABO pics for that thread while I'm doing the now stuff too!
:mrgreen:

Mood Music;

HIT IT!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbkCF591VJY"]YouTube - 107.7 -The Presidents Of The United States Of America - Lump[/ame]

Well was getting some things done after I made it back from the Harbor Freight run this morning. Got my cash back then bought a hose nozzel I needed for the garden hose to wash off cars with, saves on water, $2.99, made of metal!
LOL!

Now don't yell at me for using power steering to bend what was left of the rocker!!:wack: I KNOW, I Know!!!!:pale:

Was in the middle of working and banging with the hammer and I heard a real weird bang, boom, bump, BANG!

I stopped pounding and looked at my hammer and was wondering how I got what was left of the rocker to echo like that? Too much Dark Stout this afternoon? Naw...
So I kept banging away. I got up a moment later to see all the neighbors across the street out looking towards the bridge over our creek.
So I got up and looked. Didn't see nothin. Kept banging.
Another min. goes by and I hear someone yelling at me.
That's when I found out FOTO was beeing called to the rescue!!
Had to go over and pull the pick up out of the creek!
Got done just in time to drive Lump down to pick up ABB from work.
She hates it when I show up in the fender/grilless Dart! LOL!!!

Drove back to the hissay and got a couple more pics for yall.

Don't know where Lex and Vinnie were today...sleeping somewhere I'm sure!

Sorry for the bad pics. I bought a new used camera on ebay this weekend. When it gets here, I'll shoot a pic of my rat rod of a camera. You wont believe what I've been shooting with sense I fell on it this past summer. All the wires hanging from my flash is what gets me though. It shocks worse than an alternator. Felt like a sledge hammer went off in my chest one time...YEEEEOWE!!!!

Thanks for stoppin by and see yall tomorrow!! BAH!:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 9.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 8.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 361
  • 7.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 6.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 331
  • 5.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 4.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 339
Few more pics!

Mood Diddie, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, Ah 1 anda 2 chik chik .....

HIT IT!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzSPc0FoA"]YouTube - The Presidents of the United States of America - Volcano[/ame]

Can you imagine, something looking like LUMP comming at you on the highway? You would think...."Look at that lump of crap"! LOL!!
See Yall tomorrow!!:colors:

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 18.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 19.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 356
  • 20.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 16.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 15.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 14.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 13.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 358
  • 12.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 11.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 338
She's Lump, She's Lump, She's in my head. There is going to be another Lump around the house if someone don't quit playing that song every night while I am trying to sleep. LOL!!!!! Just jokin' with ya!! Here is one just for you.
Have a great day playing with Lump!!! I will be searching for cars this morning through my travels. Dang it, I forgot to tell you I found a Studebaker Champion in Brookville yesterday rusting away at a storage unit. Didn't have time to take any pictures though. Next week is the plan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQVj4QNZ90Q"]YouTube - Lump - Presidents of the United States Of America - 1995[/ame]

:colors::colors::colors::colors::colors::love6::love6::love6::love6:

Mood music;
HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4b0mGZYeB8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Chris Ballew - Elevator Sessions[/ame]

No work on Lump today.
I drew first blood in my region.
I MOWED GRASS today!!!
Cleaned up property.
Burned brush.
Day is done.
See Ya tomorrow!

Ok so where are we on Lump now. Your motivation has got me to go further than pull my car in the garage. I pulled the carpet today and found 1/2 of my build sheet left on my 65 Commando Cuda. What a suprise after not finding it in the back seat. So were are we on Lump?

Ok so where are we on Lump now. Your motivation has got me to go further than pull my car in the garage. I pulled the carpet today and found 1/2 of my build sheet left on my 65 Commando Cuda. What a suprise after not finding it in the back seat. So were are we on Lump?

Sorry,
Unexpected daily driver turned up. So cheap we couldn't say no and it runs and drives great!
Have been removing mutiple adhesive stripes. Even had pinstripes around inside of windows!
Prepping for paint. I won't care if ABB drives this to work everyday! I'd be sweating bullets with her parking her swinger in the parking lot at work.

Anyway, will be back on lump maybe today or tomorrow. Did get a good used top post battery off a junker the other day for her!!
Saved me $75.00! Now I don't have to charge overnight to move out of the garage too!!

chryslerfat, ya got me fired up again!! + it has been very cold and wet here lately. The old bones don't like it. Hauling a couple junkers today but will try to do some on lump this week!

Thanks for the mutual kick in the pants!!
John:grin:

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 22.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 370

Jezz chryslerfat,
it's been almost a month now!!
I promissed ya on another thread to do some on lump, but now saying sorry again!!
I was slowly working toward the mess on the trunk and had plans on backing out and doing some welding.
We haven't had any good weather here for a while, at least not good enough to start a welding project!
One of the things I had to do first that day was try to get into the yard and try to knock down the grass real fast b4 the next storm. Wet or not I had to get a cut in on some of the thickest areas.
Long story short, popped the deck cable, chased for a while but will involve a trip to maddison IN in the Am or Tuesday. Took mower off jack, put it away. Bunch of other stuff too, none leading to Lump.
Then this morning, I skipped out and hit a car show with ABB's car Daisy. She couldn't go, but I went anyway for the killer BBQ! The show just wasn't the same without her and a car that I built. So once again, not anything done.
Did recieve some badly needed parts though!
Thanks to mp67dart!! All the way from FL!! Thanks man! Checks in the mail, tomorrow B4 noon anyway, LOL!
I did put the parts "ON" the car!!!:-D
Hey chryslerfat, don't let me slow you down with my slacking, just keep going on yours, I'll catch up later!!:toothy10:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 3.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 322
Any progress is something. I will get beck in my garage next weekend so I can update the floor replacement pics. I may have acquired a spot welder this weekend depending on shipping working out. You did have baby to take to the show.

Any progress is something. I will get beck in my garage next weekend so I can update the floor replacement pics. I may have acquired a spot welder this weekend depending on shipping working out. You did have baby to take to the show.

I couldn't take Baby. I haven't had the money to move the insurance from storage to driving full coverage right now. Currently can only afford car hauler insurance until someone calls me to start hauling junk again. Haven't had anything to haul for 3 weeks now. Pretty broke.
Besides Baby's back window seal failed again. We started getting water in the trunk. Further inspection revieled the leak in the 2 bottom corners back glass. Peeled loose gasket sealer from around glass and found new rust hole. Back glass needs pulled and more body work needs to be redone before her glass goes back in. Won't be back out on the road again till it's fixed. Only have Foto, Daisy, LeBaron for drivers now. So it was Daisy to the car show! I missed Baby being there but Daisy is alright back up. I just wanted that BBQ!!:cheers:
I really need to get Lump done soon. Once finished the LeBaron can go, I need money!!! LOL!! ABB won't be happy but if I don't haul something this week that Lebaron will sell for break even money but it's still money!!
Keep at it! It's raining here again (Big suprise) but I plan on going out to the garage today rain or no to clear the mess off that car and have it ready to back out and work on it as soon as the sun shines again! Not enough room inside garage to do bodywork.

Wow as I was going through the thread and saw the pics of it taken apart I thought it was. To the Dump, To the Dump, To the Dump, Lump, Lump. But after proceeding on a was glad to see you saving her. Years back she wouldn't have stood a chance here, But now after seeing what members are feeling about these a-bodies this is a keeper. So Lump , be glad, you came ,to the right side of townn .... Cause so many of us would have put Lumpy downn.... So Haanngg on Lumpy, Lumpy Hang on.... come on come on.

Wow!!
I got to got to get Lump done NOW!!!

Mood diddy,
Hit it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA"]YouTube - ‪The Presidents of the USA - Lump‬‏[/ame]

It has been way too long!!
I got to get Lump done now so I can sell the Grand caravan I've been fixing and driving. I need money now, the junk cars dried up. So time for Lump to be the new custom daily driver!!
I feel like I got about a weeks worth of work done today!!!
Hang on, we are full steam ahead on Lump now!!

I had been working on 340dart.812's Ram pick up but told him I had to sideline him. I'm designing a new paint job with Ram Skull with real flames trailing off. He wanted to see a sample of what I was talking about so I spent an hour cutting 2 stensils and hit them with white then black bombs just to show and tell plans. If he don't like he can sand it off!! LOL!!

Back to Lump!
Here we go!
Meet yall back here tomorrow for welding!!:eek:ccasion:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 9.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 8.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 7.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 271