She's LUMP! Restore or Part/Scrap? FABO Help!

-
Looking great John :colors: and as allways I love each page of good music and watching your repair work and making pieces of the puzzle to fit and even if it takes 3 to 4 trial shots at it you end up with the perfect peace that fits.
Doing this work in your drive way and in the heat we are being subjected to shows me great devotion and strength on your part :rock: the need to listen to the metal and mend this very nice more door Dart :colors:
I hope a fender comes your way soon so you can get it on the road so you can sell the van :) The trial fit looks perfect and You my friend have what it takes to get things dun :rock: Thank you for a very kewl and informative thread
It won't be long now :tongue9::glasses8:

take the one with the dents and use it as a donor fender for the other one thats rusty, besides the one spot where it bolts onto the rad support the fender looks okay

Believe me, already considering that. Aint skeered!:glasses8:

The burgundy one though has a huge dent front bottom round the parking lamp area. Enough to distort that whole area.
But still, like you say, paper templates etc could be...
Lower front section and hood bumper stop (core mount area) from gray one with additional edge pice all added to the burgundy one after old sections cut out.
Option B;
Daisy our 74 dart swinger will be going to Colubus and Indy mopar shows soon to be sold. I run crappy fender for a while until mid Sept at latest and use a different fender I pick up at one of the shows. Lump really does need the money spent on a near to rust free version. The rest of the car is little to no rust and what is there is loight surface rust.

Still might be fabbin a good one out of 2 bad ones just to drive for a month or 2 like that....LOL!:mrgreen:

Looking great John :colors: and as allways I love each page of good music and watching your repair work and making pieces of the puzzle to fit and even if it takes 3 to 4 trial shots at it you end up with the perfect peace that fits.
Doing this work in your drive way and in the heat we are being subjected to shows me great devotion and strength on your part :rock: the need to listen to the metal and mend this very nice more door Dart :colors:
I hope a fender comes your way soon so you can get it on the road so you can sell the van :) The trial fit looks perfect and You my friend have what it takes to get things dun :rock: Thank you for a very kewl and informative thread
It won't be long now :tongue9::glasses8:

Heeeeyyyy Memike!
Been busy as you see so I haven't been able to read much other FABO lately. How has your Victoria been doing of late? Did ya clear coat the "finger of God" burn mark on her fender? If ya did, don't forget the tribute pinstripes of the date below the strike zone! LOL!!
Nice hearing from you!! Thanks for the night out!

Didn't get to post last night. I got kinda sick from heat. I was at the big yard getting a splash shield and had to remove a fender with only a large common screw driver.....film at 11..! LOL!!
Stay tuned for next update later today. Junk yard/screwdriver story to follow, after I recoop from heat stroke.
Your friend, John.

Heeey FABO!

HIT IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB3aiaXM9kE"]‪lump - presidents of the united states of america lyrics‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Well Sat was spent running down a splash guard. Junk Yard run too late in day. Very hot. Got there and the drivers side fendie was crushed, couldn't open door, couldn't open hood.
Removed (bent out of way) fender to get my splash guard. Guard bolts, couldn't get to, tire hitting them. Bottom fender bolts, in the ground. Top fendie bolts, under closed frozen hood. Tool used to rip splash guard out? 1 tool only, common screw driver, I got mid evil on it's ***!! Holes on guard now bigger! LOL!! Fix for that? Second bigger washer added on install!
I though I was dying with a heat stoke. By the time I got home, cold shower and bed, not much else done besides having stripped off side molding earlier waiting on Yard Dawg to go up to the big yard with me.

More than made up for that today!!
Son came over to help load the front seat and hang door.
Still fitting it. Refit the back door perfect. Front? 1 or 2 more moves and we have a bad bottom hindge. Will get another on Monday before we fab a fender from 2 fenders!

Just getting it to where the son could help with the seat and door. Will need new sound mats and carpet, but will wait till next spring for those.
I'll Finish body work later. Hope to be driving by Tuesday!:tongue9:
Meet Yall here tomorrow!:glasses8:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 386
  • 10.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 383
  • 9.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 8.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 7.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 6.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 5.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 4.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 385
  • 3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 390
  • 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 401
More pics!:glasses8:

Hit it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHP7xbuPPs&feature=related"]‪Boll Weevil - The Presidents Of The United States Of America‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 19.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 18.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 389
  • 17.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 16.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 400
  • 15.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 14.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 13.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 398
  • 12.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 11.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 376
Last few pics and 1 more song!

A 1 anda 2....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXyaDmjCOzc&feature=related"]‪Old Man on the Back Porch‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

See Yall here tomorrow!!:glasses8:

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 379
  • 28.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 397
  • 27.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 26.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 25.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 24.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 386
  • 23.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 444
  • 22.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 386
  • 21.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 393
Hello all, dig'in the clover neckless :rock:
Just wanted to say Victoria is up and running great, wire harness was a plug and play :colors:
You take care and enjoy a cool night. Looks like you made a big move today and yesterday. Thank you for the VERY fast service and help :colors:

Looks pretty darn sweeeeeet!! You are a magician! I like Lex's necklace too. What temp did you seetoday? We were at about 95 here. Take care of yourselves in this heat. Car looks great. Rog

Looks pretty darn sweeeeeet!! You are a magician! I like Lex's necklace too. What temp did you seetoday? We were at about 95 here. Take care of yourselves in this heat. Car looks great. Rog
Past 4 days have bout killed me.
Yesterday, I worked from 9AM till ABB got home at 8:30PM!!
Lots of breaks to come inside. I was working out of 3 pairs of shorts! LMAO!!
I mean, every 40 min to an hour I would have to come in to cool down. I gave up on shirts after the first two in less than same in hours!
The shorts?
3 pair, and 2 chairs over AC ducts in our floors. Each time in change and grab the driest pair before going back out!!
Jezz!!
I have been tweaking, removing, rehanging that drivers door untill last night. When ABB got here she said I looked like I had been in a war. Totally wet and not in a good way. Shaking, eyes bugged out. I hung anyold rust fender I had just so I could say I'm done and go in and shower. Pics to follow.
Yesterday was 98 here, I'm toast.
Stay cool Rog!
John.:glasses8:

Wow Lump is looking great!

That's cause your long distance and can't really see that far!
LMAO!!
See the pics in next post!
Thanks for the encouraging words, it's the only thing keeping me at it!
Good luck with the move!
Ya aint movin in this heat are ya???!!!!

Hey Yall.

Hit it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PU5CVSegg"]‪CAKE - The Distance (Official Music Video)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Heat has been killin me!!!
Seeing spots in vision and these little sqigglies that look like blood vessels that flash and throb when my heart beats!!
No, it wasn't any drugs!
It's this dang heat!!
I was out of it yesterday and hung a rusty fender. Hope I find a better one but it's just too hot to be a fabbin and I want ta drive it!!!
Stopped by license branch this AM and renewed tag. Calling insurance tomorrow! New daily driver!!!
Maybe someone will kamakazi the door and fendie and THEY can pay to have it redone by a pro instaed of hill jack me under the shade tent! LOL!

Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, nothing but re-hanging, tweaking, checking, taking off again the door!!!
I'm done for a while. I'll drive it like it is for a bit.
I want to start on the 73 Duster. I need to put it up on stands to see how bad the rust is. Don't even know yet. May need to part it I don't know. I do need to put it's new rear end in so I can give Yard Dawg his transport axle back to him. I had plans for a slanty back in it like factory but I might be getting a running 318 with a scampi we are getting in the AM...MAYBE......
Here's some pics of where we are at now, and I'm not trying to perfect the door hang anymore!!!!:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 356
  • 6.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 5.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 4.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 334
  • 3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 348
That's cause your long distance and can't really see that far!
LMAO!!
See the pics in next post!
Thanks for the encouraging words, it's the only thing keeping me at it!
Good luck with the move!
Ya aint movin in this heat are ya???!!!!
Yup should be done with the move on Saturday then the long toll of organizing again. From as bad as he was smacked even at a distance it is alot closer than it started and I cant believe I mentioned parting it now being it will be a driver again. I feel for ya it is hot out. 105 at work today.

Yup should be done with the move on Saturday then the long toll of organizing again. From as bad as he was smacked even at a distance it is alot closer than it started and I cant believe I mentioned parting it now being it will be a driver again. I feel for ya it is hot out. 105 at work today.

Good enough to drive her.
Might be working a trade for a black lancer!
But I like Lump too much. She runs bad assed like BOF did but faster with more determination!:burnout:

Not much done today.

Car Hunt this AM then I had to do a 8 tire swap for Daisy's show in the morning. It was already 96 out and I had to come in 3 times to cool down. Rest of day hiding from sun. Lump will be the main driver starting Sun or Mon.
Tags up to date now and just called the insurance today!
Might run it up to Yard Dawgs this evening to pick up a couple of parts needed for another members scamp.
Ready to Roll!:eek:ccasion:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 324
Now for a little music interlude while we wait for ABodyBetty to edit video of Lump and I on her maiden voyage.
Be back soon with the comedy relief video!:toothy7:

HIT IT!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596qaxm-u4o&feature=related"]‪Cake - I Will Survive‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkgXArxRxy8&feature=related"]‪CAKE - Stickshifts and Safetybelts and Love You Madly (Live)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO!!
Anyone here
LUMPIA??!!! LOL!!
LOOKS GOOD!:yawinkle:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbPtXrfvVo"]‪How to make Lumpia Shanghai/fried lumpia/egg roll‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwD7Xgdpvo"]‪CRANK THAT LUMPIA (official song)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA"]‪The Presidents of the USA - Lump‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:clock:

Lump, Restore or part out/scrap??

To quote Roman Maroni, that's a fargin' trick question! You can't scrap Lump. She is in too good of shape.

Time to grab a pop, chocolate, and popcorn. It is movie time.
Ladies and Gentlemen I present you the star of the show

Sorry but video won't work.

Lump, Restore or part out/scrap??

To quote Roman Maroni, that's a fargin' trick question! You can't scrap Lump. She is in too good of shape.

Yeah,
I asked that question in the title last year! LOL
It sat for a while before I started it again about a week or 2 ago!:toothy7:

My threads always seam to last longer than the titles are good for.
Have you seen my
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
thread? It still has my 67's name in the title but sadly someone else owns her now.8-)

Although....While fitting or trying to fit the door for almost 5 whole days (30-50 hrs) I was thinking taking the drive train out of lump and putting in our 73 Duster! Gettin all the other good parts off, then taking the final ride on FOTO's back!
But Lump is alot like BOF the 67 I was referring to. Lump is a TOTAL sleeper. That ***** growls on the pavement. I can tell she has a real potential for a speeding ticket, carless & recless, Or just a failer to control citation!!

Still waiting for ABB and Ut to finish working out their problems, then she'll post Lump Video from last night's drive!

Wow Lump is actually back on the road.

Somewhat...
Some of Lump is still in the garage.
Only had 2 seat nuts on. Forgot to see if they were still there after the ride. I was so busy prepping Daisy for the show I forgot. The seat was rockin and rollin on that drive.

where is vinny?
attachment.php

where is vinny?
attachment.php

I was wondering who at FABO would be the first to ask.
Vinny isn't really getting around to well anymore. He already had back hip injury from scateboarding but was beefy enough to deal without expensive 50/50 shot sergery. that was like 5 years ago. Now lump on other back leg. Now I think somthing going on in front too. I've ben around the breed training, boarding, grooming, breeding, whelping from 1985 to present. I even trimmed all fur under feet, nails the other day but still no help.
He's old for a rottie. He's not in pain untill he gets up to go out and steps about 6" off back porch to pee. Then back to the house. He gets up to eat, bathroom, when we get home, to beg food and snacks. When he begs he always gets a toy and plays kinda with a dumb look on his face and wags his tail but not whloe rear end like he used to. He's happy when up and not suffering. (currently not on as much pain meds a vet wanted but enough to get by) But he isn't up if it's not needed in his mind. If ya walk through where ever he is napping, he'll rise his head up, smile, and want to be petted, but only get up when MOM (ABB) comes home. He don't have to get up for me, I'll lay on the floor to greet him and say hi, rub his head, then I'm up and gone.
Not really sure how much longer he'll be with me.:cry:
He's the last of my life of Rotties. I'll miss them but with society, insurance stuff, and the expence of 150lb dog and all...
He's gonna hurt the most. I've spent more 1 on 1 time with him that anyother rot I owned and it has always shown in his personality, love of kids, friends and family. His best days were at campgrounds across america scateboarding and walking on leash to meet everyone at the KOA!
He's still OK but not doing any work on cars in the driveway anymore. I'm not too far behind myself I'm afraid.
It's all good Gnome, no worries.
He will hurt me the most (more than other Rotties I've known) when he leaves me.....

-
Back