Shimming front leaf spring perch back 1 inch ...

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Has anybody done this to fit a 27 inch tire ?... what kit did you use ... do you have photos ?

I say an inch.. but more like 1/2.... but i do have sufficient yoke length or i will change it .. thanks for input ..

Not for 27s; they fit on all As that I have tried, and Fs too.
In fact I can fit 28s on my 1968 Barracuda with just 1/4 inch spacer, and that is with a lowered ride-height using de-arched factory springs.
If you do end up moving the axle back over 1/2 ", you will want to re-visit the rear shackle angle;

Didn't look like 27 will fit .. but maybe i am wrong... bonus if they do ..

I have 27.9 on a 69 Dart with only a 3/16 spacer.

Move it more than 1/2" and you're going to have shock mount alignment problems??

Treblig

CPEARCE ... where are the photos of new tires and wheels on back ?.....Where did you get that size shim... that is basically what i need to allow 27 size to fit with no issues ..

CPEARCE ... where are the photos of new tires and wheels on back ?.....Where did you get that size shim... that is basically what i need to allow 27 size to fit with no issues ..
Made them
20180501_182333.jpg
20180501_182346.jpg

275/60/15s fit on my 68 Dart without shimming anything. Have you measured? You may not have to shim anything to fit your desired tires.

Just did this today. 63 valiant.

28" fit with no spacing but looked goofy. To center the wheel in the opening required 3/4" spacers. Made them out of double stacked 3/8" plate steel. Home made.

IMG_4016.JPG

Not for 27s; they fit on all As that I have tried, and Fs too.
In fact I can fit 28s on my 1968 Barracuda with just 1/4 inch spacer, and that is with a lowered ride-height using de-arched factory springs.
If you do end up moving the axle back over 1/2 ", you will want to re-visit the rear shackle angle;
Bang dead on 100% correct!

-
Back