Shipping is Killing me!!!

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I can't get over the cost companies are charging to ship small parts. I just bought 2 small emblems and I mean Small from Y 1 and they hit me for $13.13 in shipping costs. Now if that wasn't bad enough they sent it in a USPS prepaid mailer that cost @ $6 . Sorry for the rant but come on, I buy a fair amt. of parts on fabo and never got burned on shipping like that!

i know what your saying if you lived in canada you could double that. it sucks getting f@#$!% without even a kiss

I shipped out ring and pinion gears for like 12 in a one price med box I thought that was cool. Year one is a big shipping gouger I try not to buy from the ones that goug.

It is ridiculous! and if we all think that it is bad now just wait until the beginning of next year, prices for shipping are going to go much higher!

Well at least I dont deal with winters....but shipping to Hawaii...now thats a Bit$#%h!

I guess I save money on winter clothes! LOL

btw Y1 won't even quote me a shipping cost without me calling first...just tried to compare shipping costs!!!!

A legitimate company will tack on handling fees on top of shipping costs, this is to cover the cost of packaging which will usually be a box specially made to have their signage printed all over it and the cost of the empolyee in the shipping department, pulling and packing your part.

Year 1 is famous for hanging it in you for shipping and handling. When you deal with them, tell them cheapest way for shipping and make sure of the price before making the final order. JMO

Try getting gear shipped to Oz some times i scratch my head in disbelief!!!
But what choice do i have??

Year One is joke when it comes to their shipping charges..I hate sellers that make 300% of shipping rates...I buy and sell on Ebay and I save every mailer I get and reuse..It takes me 2 or 3 min to pack and address and I charge what ever I am charged by P.O...I know some sellers like YO have to pay some one to pack..But, at YO shipping rates a Lawyer has cheaper hourly rate !!:finga:

I can't get over the cost companies are charging to ship small parts. I just bought 2 small emblems and I mean Small from Y 1 and they hit me for $13.13 in shipping costs. Now if that wasn't bad enough they sent it in a USPS prepaid mailer that cost @ $6 . Sorry for the rant but come on, I buy a fair amt. of parts on fabo and never got burned on shipping like that!

I ordered a transmission dipstick from Yearone. I waited a week and nothing happened so i decided to order my headers from jegs. The headers from Jegs were there the next week.....it was another three weeks for the dipstick to arrive. Last time I ever ordered from them.

Any thing sent from the States to Canada by UPS is even worse. I had a 30 dollar part sent from the U.S. prepaid the shipping $20 when UPS showed up at my door
I had to pay them $80 for brokerage fees. So now if it cant be mailed USPS to me
I wont buy it. I have a few friends that have mail boxes just inside the U.S. at
gas stations where they go to pickup there stuff cause it is cheaper to drive
their car for 4 hours to go across and come back on big items then it is to pay brokerage fees and duties and all that free trade crap we are getting screwed with up here. Fu#King free trade does not exist North of the 49th paralell. Free trade for who? Sure aint free for me. Long live the U.S. postal service best way to ship out of the U.S.A. Cheers brothers one and all everywhere.

I never send anything to the U.S.A or even Canada by any other way then the Post office. Unfortunately Canada posts rates arent that great. I have lost out on lots of deals and have made very little on parts that FABO members need at times. It sucks but i find at times its the same thing when someone wants to send U.S.A to Canada..Id like to know how they charge......:wack:

Any thing sent from the States to Canada by UPS is even worse. I had a 30 dollar part sent from the U.S. prepaid the shipping $20 when UPS showed up at my door
I had to pay them $80 for brokerage fees. So now if it cant be mailed USPS to me
I wont buy it. I have a few friends that have mail boxes just inside the U.S. at
gas stations where they go to pickup there stuff cause it is cheaper to drive
their car for 4 hours to go across and come back on big items then it is to pay brokerage fees and duties and all that free trade crap we are getting screwed with up here. Fu#King free trade does not exist North of the 49th paralell. Free trade for who? Sure aint free for me. Long live the U.S. postal service best way to ship out of the U.S.A. Cheers brothers one and all everywhere.
:protest: Hear you...............Lessoned learned the hard way..........

I order from Summit, long as it is before noon, its on my door step the next day, and they are very fair on shipping.
Jegs seemed a bit higher.
JC Whitney.."I know, junk", they nailed me way too hard on shipping!!! It was completely out of control.

I have noticed that many of the companies that also sell on eBay seem to have cheaper shipping on eBay rather than their own website. Seems crazy to me.

I live in GA and cannot afford for Y1 to ship anything to me... I also have a Summit right up the road 80 miles or so but I buy from Jegs as I don't have to pay any tax on the items from them... I know I am cheap but hey if you order from Jegs before 11pm it ships the same day...

Yearone is notorious for screwing people on shipping charge.

Summit burns people on handling charges.

I ordered body plugs from Y1. They came in a bubble packed envolope, small light item. I was billed $45 from UPS brokerage. The plugs were like $60 when I ordered.

Best to ship stuff to Canada via USPS. But most USA companies won't do it because they have to physically take it to the post office. But they always tell me it's not safe. Um. Tracking number???

i know what your saying if you lived in canada you could double that. it sucks getting f@#$!% without even a kiss
another of my favorites is people who have a price of 'x including shipping'. Then when I say I'm willing to pay the extra to get it shipped up here, they end up adding the entire shipping cost to the final price, rather than just adding whatever the difference would be.
Kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Ebay buyers can leave a negitive feedback if shipping is too high and effect future purchases from others...Buy from website bitching goes no where..Just a thought :toothy5:

I have noticed that many of the companies that also sell on eBay seem to have cheaper shipping on eBay rather than their own website. Seems crazy to me.

-
Back