shipping on rear end ??

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
I have a 8 3/4 rear end housing and axles, backing plates and would like to know how you guys would ship this or what's the best way. Another question will a 727 to 8 3/4 driveshaft fit a 904 and 8 3/4 car I'm putting and 8 3/4 in my duster replacing the 7 1/4 thanks for the help in advance

I have a 8 3/4 rear end housing and axles, backing plates and would like to know how you guys would ship this or what's the best way. Another question will a 727 to 8 3/4 driveshaft fit a 904 and 8 3/4 car I'm putting and 8 3/4 in my duster replacing the 7 1/4 thanks for the help in advance
If you are going from 7 1/4 to 8 3/4 you are definitely looking at having the drive shaft shortened, I might add that balancing and new u joints would not be a bad idea. I had a guy ship me a rear once and he removed the axles taped them to the outside of the rearend to make the package as small as possible. He sent the backing plates in a separate package.

Another question will a 727 to 8 3/4 driveshaft fit a 904 and 8 3/4 car I'm putting and 8 3/4 in my duster replacing the 7 1/4 thanks for the help in advance

That is a good question and you should research it. The 904 is shorter and the 8 3/4 is a little longer, so I would check it out.

should be able to put it on a pallet and ship it on a truck pretty easy. Price would depend on where its going. Or pull it apart, axles in one box, chunk and brake parts in another, and clean the housing and just ship it bare with a ups label stuck to it. I've done bumpers that way before with no problems.
-Tim

i bought a complete rear (8 3/4) from florida and it was shipped via truck right to my driveway in virginia for $90. it was strapped to a skid that was rectangle.

sent a Dana 60, no axles or brakes to houston from Indio, CA, was about 160-170 IIRC.

i bought a complete rear (8 3/4) from florida and it was shipped via truck right to my driveway in virginia for $90. it was strapped to a skid that was rectangle.

Wow what company was that and was it on a pallet thanks everyone

Figure about $1.50 a pound to truck ship heavy, bulky items, depending on crate size.
$1.00 a pound under 150# UPS, Fed Ex.

Ok last night I weighed everything and its about 140 pounds minus third member so my best way to ship it would be on a pallet does anyone have any pics of shipping a rear end

I usually ship those rears via UPS. Housing and backing plates in one box and the axles in another.

when mine came from florida it was metal strapped to skid at drums and at yoke , lug nuts holding drums on, that was it.

Strange shipped my rear end on a pallet with cardboard around the sides and a lid. Here are some pics...

img1280967059396.jpg

img1280967058366.jpg

-
Back