shipping only to the US

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
NOTHING makes me madder then seeing this on an add here at FABO. Why and I ask why is it such a hassle to ship to Canada? I have shipped parts to the US , and it is NOT difficult. If one of the members here that says this EVER wants to buy parts from me they will NOT get them. Rant over

It's not difficult at all, some are just too lazy to fill out the customs form.

Depending on how far a person is from a post office, it can be a pain to get a shipping quote. I have had people in several countries agree to buy something & then back out once the mailing cost was known. Several trips to the PO over the years & the cost of gas & wasted time all for naught.

I'll ship anywhere, but I can understand why some folks do not want to for sure.

While in Alaska, I found several people would mail via USPS to the lower 48 states only even though the items fit in flat rate boxes at the same price to all 50 states. Those sellers were just ignorant though.

We can't ship all our good parts up North....I shipped a whole 1970 Road Runner to Canada

NOTHING makes me madder then seeing this on an add here at FABO. Why and I ask why is it such a hassle to ship to Canada? I have shipped parts to the US , and it is NOT difficult. If one of the members here that says this EVER wants to buy parts from me they will NOT get them. Rant over

I have news. I once got into a mess with a Canook about an expensive piece of test equipment (around 1200 dollars) on eBay. this involved PO money orders, and I'm sure I would not have my money back otherwise. This was a few years ago, I don't know if PayPal even existed.

NEVER will I deal across the border with anything of any value, again. I just can't afford the loss

If you're using the Post Office (and you should when sending parts to Canada or Europe) and do it on-line, you just need to fill in the blanks on the address and customs form and it will print automatically. The only other thing you need is the clear plastic envelope the PO requires for the customs/address labels. You can even have your carrier pick them up and leave them in your mail box for you. When you're ready to ship do a carrier pick-up and the carrier will come right to your house and pick up the package. Really guys, it's that easy! I do this all the time and it's no big deal!

Depending on how far a person is from a post office, it can be a pain to get a shipping quote. I have had people in several countries agree to buy something & then back out once the mailing cost was known. Several trips to the PO over the years & the cost of gas & wasted time all for naught.

Well, there is that.

I usually box the item up, measure the box and weigh it. Then I can call the PO and give them the info and they tell me what the shipping cost is.

I just did one the other day and I figured it online using their calculator, called and asked too. We were spot on with the cost.

It really is best though to take it to the PO if the package is going out of the country.

Why even go to the Post Office - you can get a shipping price online to any Zip Code or any country

Why even go to the Post Office - you can get a shipping price online to any Zip Code or any country

True, I did that on a piece that went to Germany.

When I got to the PO, instead of it being the 30 some odd that I figured on line, it ended up being 56 bucks.

I'll ship anywhere as long as tbe buyer pays the shipping. If i do a delivered price in the ad, i'll up it about 5 bucks to the great white north simply because it does cost a few dollars more. I really dont unerstand why leople wont ship worldwide. I dont waste time going to get a shipping qluote, i get them online. Sometimes i am a couple bucks low, sometimes a couple bucks high. It all works out in the end.

I've seen many people at the post office that weighed and printed labels, then have to re-do them at the post office because they were wrong....

Usually the weight doesn't correlate to the post office scales and they readjust the price...

I've seen many people at the post office that weighed and printed labels, then have to re-do them at the post office because they were wrong....

Usually the weight doesn't correlate to the post office scales and they readjust the price...

Guess I'm lucky that my digital scales are accurate comparing the weights to both the PO and FedEx scales. Now if they're not accurate, yes, they'll have to do the adjustment. I boxed a fender to send by FedEx and measured it as accurately as I could; FedEx said the measurement was off and billed me the extra. Can't win them all I guess.

Most of the parts I sell seem to go to the US, yet I see some of those same buyers stating they won't ship to Canada.
I also try to keep my prices within reason, mostly to help someone out who may be on a budget like me. These aren't Hemi Cudas, they're A bodies. Why can't I get a decent deal back?

That's because you guys seem to have the lions share of cool(good) parts. It must be the cold preserving them better, I mean have you ever heard of a fully preserved Mammoth being found in Florida......lol

A lot of people have good reasoning and some are just dicks, it goes both ways on both sides of the border.
I have purchased plenty of parts from American sellers and not one of them even mentioned the "extra" effort it took. Thanx guys, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

I have purchased plenty of parts from American sellers and not one of them even mentioned the "extra" effort it took. Thanx guys, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

That's because it only takes about 5 minutes longer to do it. The customs form is the only added step. I have done it several times, and my wife even did it for me once, no biggie.

I have seen people mention they didn't want to deal with the customs paperwork, I don't know what the big deal is myself, it's simple.

If you're using the Post Office (and you should when sending parts to Canada or Europe) and do it on-line, you just need to fill in the blanks on the address and customs form and it will print automatically. The only other thing you need is the clear plastic envelope the PO requires for the customs/address labels. You can even have your carrier pick them up and leave them in your mail box for you. When you're ready to ship do a carrier pick-up and the carrier will come right to your house and pick up the package. Really guys, it's that easy! I do this all the time and it's no big deal!

You don't even need those. The label I just did was one piece of paper with instruction not to cover that bar code when attaching to the package.

Use the USPS site and do everything online, so easy. Whether a flat rate or first class international, it's a piece of cake to do. Anyone that doesn't want to do it because it's difficult is seriously out of the loop and misinformed. The postal carrier will pick up packages at your house if you request pick up, even less travel.

I LOVE shipping stuff to Canada!

Maybe not Canada but for other countries most of the time the cost of shipping is just as much as the actual part it worth.

I just have my stuff shipped to a U.S. Postal box and save on the taxes and duty etc. cost $5.00 a package. Andrew

I can't see the problem! There is so simple to ship worldwide. I have bought parts from US. Canada, Mexico. Argentina, Brazil. Finland, Australia. Netherlands. Belgium without a problem. If someone will not ship to Sweden there are great friends like Don (65 dartman), Keith (66340SEDAN and so one who has helped me out. I have done the same over here. Probably won more then 50 auctions on Tradera for guys in US.

Since FABO is such a great commumity it can't be a problem to get a helping hand! If I help someone I will get it back bigtime.

At the same time I appriciate Joeychgo for his info on crooks trying just to get your money without getting your psrt. But that can happen every where, not just on FABO!

Just my two cents...

I'm fortunate that one of my brothers lives in th US and comes home to visit several times a year. So I just have sellers ship stuff to him and next time he comes back it's like Christmas for me. It also helps to get around the duties when ordering from an actual company.

My other brother lives in Canada and is married to an American. My sister-in-law's family is from McDonough, GA, which happens to be the very same city where Summit racing has a warehouse. Every Christmas my brother and his family rent an RV and drive down to visit the in laws. I usually have him pick up at least one item every year. That way I save on the duties AND th shipping.

-
Back