shorty header

-

prrc

Reaction score
okay guys I just talked to Sanderson headers at the Goodguys show in Columbus Ohio and they just released a shorty header that will work for small blocks in the early a with power steering or manual steering the number is dd8 not even in their catalog yet

okay guys I just talked to Sanderson headers at the Goodguys show in Columbus Ohio and they just released a shorty header that will work for small blocks in the early a with power steering or manual steering the number is dd8 not even in their catalog yet

I will have to check this out.

Here are some pics of the TTI's taken at this years Spring Fling here on the left coast.

Attachments

• IMG_1170.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 952
  • IMG_1171.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,412
I wonder if they fit with 727 as well as 904. That's a stumbling block for me I'm finding out.

yeah those aren't screaming to be flipped and hooked up to a turbo or anything

Sanderson told me the DD7 would work! Bought them through Summit, will not clear steering shaft. Sold them to a friend for his pickup and bought a set of 92 Dakota manifolds. To Hell with headers - I'm not trying to shave time off my ET.
I'm a 60 year old guy who never had a hot rod and just want something to rumble into car cruises.

Sanderson told me the DD7 would work! Bought them through Summit, will not clear steering shaft. Sold them to a friend for his pickup and bought a set of 92 Dakota manifolds. To Hell with headers - I'm not trying to shave time off my ET.
I'm a 60 year old guy who never had a hot rod and just want something to rumble into car cruises.

Well put, your not the only one who thinks this way .

Ditto. Headers add some complications in a daily driver, like they tend to leak and corrode more than factory manifolds, and make it harder to swing a wrench. Still, they look tough. I saw custom headers on a ~67 A-body at this summer's Mopar show in Sacramento. He paid $1400 for the whole setup to the dual tail-pipes. He had power steering and the T-bars don't route thru the pipes. The shop was in South San Francisco. I'll update if I find the card. Don't know that I will ever get to headers.

Ditto. Headers add some complications in a daily driver, like they tend to leak and corrode more than factory manifolds, and make it harder to swing a wrench. Still, they look tough. I saw custom headers on a ~67 A-body at this summer's Mopar show in Sacramento. He paid $1400 for the whole setup to the dual tail-pipes. He had power steering and the T-bars don't route thru the pipes. The shop was in South San Francisco. I'll update if I find the card. Don't know that I will ever get to headers.

Sanderson is in South SF. They do custom headers. They built the headers on Mike Ritz's Team Starfish Barracuda vintage racer. Probably the same place this guy went.

Thanks for the info Tim. Of course I just dropped 700 bucks on a set of Doug's and they are a pain in the *** to install. Shorties would have been a lot easier.

A little update. Sanderson csllef me today with the details of the headers. 1 1/2 tubes to a 2 1/2 collector. Pwill work with power steering. Bare steel 305 ceramic coated 475.

There is already a shorty header available that will fit with minimum modification. The Hedman shorties for the 67-76 A body. The passenger side fits unmodified. The driver's side needs the number one tube modified and reconnected to the number three tube. There's a post about it on here somewhere. Fits power steering when done like that too.

A little update. Sanderson csllef me today with the details of the headers. 1 1/2 tubes to a 2 1/2 collector. Pwill work with power steering. Bare steel 305 ceramic coated 475.

Hey I know you are working on a 65... If you go this route let me know because I am definitely interested.

You have to call to order them . Not up on the website yet.not sure how long before they get them on there.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking shorty headers is the way to go for street. Less PITA install, yet not leaving as much HP on the table by stepping back to manifolds. Same goes for budget too.

When someone installs the Sanderson DD8's on a 65 Barracuda with power steering, please post your pics! I will buy a set if they bolt right on. :blob:

-
Back