Should I buy this Cuda?

-
Just bought a 70 Cuda 383 , 4spd Numbers car for ten K. I'm HAPPY !!

i'm surprised no one has had the curiosity ask is you bothered to look at the vin for eng #, like maybe an R or V or even a U ???? yep the parts are worth a bunch to that E body crowd.
The paint on the motor reminds me of the way they used to paint Imperial motors. 350 hp gross.

course non of you guys want it, Al car NO title, just registration. LOL

Alabama was the last state to adopt a title law, sometime around 1974 (IIRC). If this car has not been sold since new, it very well may never have had a title. You may need bonded title until the state boys can settle this out.

Should you buy the Cuda? If you have a plan, the resources and the will to see it through, go ahead. If it's going to move from one rust pile to another, don't bother

Um no.. You don't part out a 71 cuda

Guilty, parted one out than ran and drove, the trunk was non-existent long before the days of AMD.
My neighbor has a complete ARR and T/A sitting side by side in the woods up by my farm.
He planted trees around them so no body would steal them. The trees are about 1 foot in diameter the last time I seen them.
Every part is there, rotting.
He is a big E-body guy, he says small block cars are parts cars.:banghead:

Do you have the funds to fix it? It will take at least ten times the purchase price to get it right. Those cars bring a lot of money, so their parts are expensive. IMO how good of a "deal" it is depends on how much of the work you can do yourself to keep costs down.

Do you have the funds to fix it? It will take at least ten times the purchase price to get it right. Those cars bring a lot of money, so their parts are expensive. IMO how good of a "deal" it is depends on how much of the work you can do yourself to keep costs down.
I can do almost all the work myself. I have a 73 Duster, I did all the work except the paint and body. This would be an extended project. I will update next week on my decision. Thanks for all the comments, all of you are so much help, thanks.

I

NO YOU SHOULD NOT BUY IT!!!!!

What you SHOULD DO!!!!

Send me a PM of owners contact info and location of the vehicle. I'll take care of the rest,

I hate to admit it. But I parted out two 71 340 Cudas back in the early 80's.

Rod

Not Cudas but I parted out a 70 340 4 speed Challenger that was hit really hard and bent the driver's frame rail and a 71 Challenger 318 convertible that I could put a pick hammer through the frame rails (and the car flexed so much the doors would barely close) back in the late 80s

Sorry I have not posted anything on this thread, I have been very busy working many hours. Well I am the proud owner of this cuda.

-
Back