***Should I Delete the Trim on 67 Dart***

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
I meet with the painter this week and need to make a decision!

I am debating on deleting the trim that goes from the front fender across the door and through the rear quarters on my 67 Dart GT. I am also thinking about deleting the rear panel on the trunk lid between the rear tail lights. I like the drip rail trim, lower stainless on the rocker panel and the wheel trim. Most of you know about my build here and what I am doing with the car.

If not here is the thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101437

Does anybody have any pictures of this trim deleted?

Thanks

IMG_1006.jpg

If its gonna be a race car then delete the trim, if you plan to use it as a cruiser than persoanlly I would keep the trim. The 67 GT trim when polished up really adds some nice character to the car. Just my 2 cents.

What color are you painting your Dart? If it is a high impact I say delete it. If it is an original color to 67, I say keep it.

What color are you painting your Dart? If it is a high impact I say delete it. If it is an original color to 67, I say keep it.

It is going the Original color which I believe is Silver Metallic. The Interior is Red. I am keeping it this way. I haven't seen many Darts with this color scheme.

Personally I like it on that car. So I say leave it. I just deleted the side trim by welding up the holes from my 66 Fury and it was pretty labor intensive. It was a pain in the butt getting it smooth for paint.

Personally I like it on that car. So I say leave it. I just deleted the side trim by welding up the holes from my 66 Fury and it was pretty labor intensive. It was a pain in the butt getting it smooth for paint.

I like it also but I am tossed between keeping it or taking it off. I talked to Waggin about polishing it all and restoring the trim already. He does Fabulous work to say the least. Whatever I keep on the car will be shipped to him to work his magic!

I don't do body work but I would weld in the holes myself.

I would leave the job of getting it straight before paint to the Pro's!

I'd say keep it. I think it will look sweet with that color scheme

Keep the trim on the car, where it belongs, and you won't have any regrets. It shows off that little dog leg in the rear quarter panel that is a Mopar styling cue.

Here's my 67 with trim delete. Bought the car with brand new sheet metal so I didn't do it myself. No reflectors or anything. The only trim left is the front hood trim, lol. I think it looks pretty nice, but then again I'm sort of going for the race look.

SSPX0169.jpg

SSPX0170.jpg

I say keep it,there,s to many cars nowadays without chrome.I think after Waggs works his magic(lucky you)it,ll breakup the silver paint and look cool racing or street.JMO.

Here's my 67 with trim delete. Bought the car with brand new sheet metal so I didn't do it myself. No reflectors or anything. The only trim left is the front hood trim, lol. I think it looks pretty nice, but then again I'm sort of going for the race look.

Did your car have the panel that goes across the trunk between the tail lights originally?

Thanks for the pics!

Lets just trade cars... Somebody took the time to weld all of mine shut and now I have been taking the time to re-drill them all!](*,)

If you do I want it! :-D

Either way it will look cool!

X2!!!!!!!!!
That's one of the top 3 trim lines on Darts in my humble opinion.

The point on the front with the upward swoop in rear just screams MOPAR more than most all other trims along the belt line. Take a look at the belt lines on the chargers too. Remind you of your 67 belt line? Yes I beleive it does! MOPAR was always so intetwined in designs of different models. Like individuals in the same family, sorta looks alike but different.

Polish it to a chrome like shine at the hissey while the car is in the shop. Heck you can even never dull the trim while watching the tube at night!

KEEP IT! You'll miss it if you delete it.8)

Mad Dart... go over and look at 67DartGT340 photo gallery. If anything loose everything BUT the trim along the body. If I was in your shoes this would have drove me nuts by now... lol

I am in the keep it camp, especially with the color combo you are using. I like the look of it, and feel it adds not detracts from the overall look.

Grant

I'm thinking about the same thing with my 67 GT. I'm getting rid of the upper trim but keeping the wheel well trim, rocker panel trim, etc. In my opinion, the 67 tail lights don't look right without the tail panel or at leat the trunk trime pieces. The upper trim line really changes the look of a Dart and to me makes it look much boxier. I like the upper trim on a black car but don't care for it too much on my yellow car.

-
Back