***Should I Delete the Trim on 67 Dart***

-
Mad Dart... go over and look at 67DartGT340 photo gallery. If anything loose everything BUT the trim along the body. If I was in your shoes this would have drove me nuts by now... lol

Well it is driving me nuts and so far I am leaning toward keeping it all in tact.

I was trying to shave some cost off restoring all the trim pieces but I guess labor of filling the holes myself and paying a body man to make it straight is probably more than it would be to restore the trim? I do like both looks, damn this sucks because once it is done it is done!!

Kind of like picking out new flooring or something, once you make the decision you will be living with it for quite some time!

Did your car have the panel that goes across the trunk between the tail lights originally?

Thanks for the pics!

Not to my knowledge. Technically speaking the car was a 67 Dart 270, but two owners back all new 69 sheet metal was installed, so either the new stuff didn't have holes to start with or they got filled. No antenna, no reflectors, nothing on the trunk I could see. It does make it easier on me though since I don't have to spend a ton of time and money tracking down trim, lol.

I'm probably gonna pull the trim off of my '67 soon. Can anyone tell me how it's attached and exactly how many holes there will be to fill? I'm thinking there are studs with nuts on each end and then the rest slides or clips on. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Oh, and I vote to take off but that's just me.

Its a tough call and I'm in still thinking about what to do with the trim on my Valiant. If you're going for a dead stock look I would keep it. I would rather not keep mine but the PO spent $500 getting the trim restored and the thought of welding up 24 holes and the associated bodywork makes me cringe. I guess if I can get someone else to do the work I would just as soon delete the trim!

I say keep the trim, its not all that common and your car is in pretty nice shape.
I deleted almost all the chrome on my '66 Cuda but most of it would have needed to be replaced due to its poor condition, way too costly when your a cheapazz like me doing a budget build.

Keep it intact and send it to Waggin for a "spit shine".........Makes the car stand out from all the other Swingers.

I meet with the Painter tomorrow at 10am.

I have decided to keep all the trim on the car, unless I screw it all up taking it off.

http://DartGT67.monchar.com/

Here's mine with the deleted trims except the taillight panel (wich is not in great shape). I have bought it that way but I have all the trims with the car.

My opinion, if you want to keep the original style, keep the trim.
If you want it look custom, delete it.

-
Back