Should it be saved?

-
Yes it should be saved, but the price would have to just right (pretty low). New or replacement sheetmetal is going to be hard to come by for that car and it looks like it needs plenty of it.

why not seem to be solid in the trunk
area if the floor and frame look as good
it can be save:cheers:

yes it should be saved, my scamp had the passenger side caved in 6 inches, it took me 6 years of hammer and dolly work, in my spare time, but she's arrow straight now, I would have bought a new quarter panel but the funds wasn't there, what I'm getting at is, it's just a little rust, it can be fixed, I hope you keep it.

Mark

both front frames at the T's are bad but fixable. Front floors need work, trunk lid rusted under lip, both front fenders have rust, both 1/4's need replaced. Hood has some rust, cowl has some rust. Carb is missing, anyone have one cheap?

Yeah save it! Mini tub it and put in a small block. Now that would be cool.

my kid has been hot on this thing since bringing it home yesterday. He is willing to give up his 70 Dart 440 project and it's in much better shape.

my kid has been hot on this thing since bringing it home yesterday. He is willing to give up his 70 Dart 440 project and it's in much better shape.

I'm the same way with a new project:cheers: you'd think after 45 years I'd learn to calm down some, but I haven't yet and don't think I ever will:-D

First of all, THEY AREN'T MAKING ANY MORE OF THESE CARS!!!!!!! I dont think it looks too bad but, i guess if you don't do your own body work things could add up quick. Anyway i would try not to cut it up, those older a bodies are scarce in my opinion.

Save it and I agree it does have a 64 front and rear cap 65 had a vertical line in the deck lid, that one is smooth and rounded

I think being it needs frame work honestly unless you make all your own patches you will have more in it than you could sell it for. If you plan on keeping a LONG time then fix it if not cash in now before you get over your head. The early A cars dont bring much even when done. Heck I couldnt get 2 grand out of a numbers correct 1965 Barracuda Formula S that was originally from Texas and running condition. It needed 2 floor patches about 6 inch squares and was missing the Formula S badges.

I'd atleast offer it up for sale before junkin' it.. I've fixed worse and I'm sure theres someone out there that would love to have an early A thats that complete...

Man, thats a solid start for an early A. Save it. maybe some work, but in the end, it will so be worth it

save it for sure!:cheers:
Ive seen so much much worse cars that have been restored.No way would I send that to the crusher,that is a buildable car

-
Back