Show me your rally dash..

-

67yellowdartgt

Reaction score
I have a 69 Dart and wanted to change the gauge & bezel cluster to a 67-69 Cuda gauge & bezel cluster (I want to use Auto Meter Speedo and Tach). Will they interchange..Any thoughts, pics...Thanks

Here's mine.

DSC00020 (Custom).JPG

Putting a rallye panel in a standard dash can be done but... It aint easy. The bolt holes in the dash are in different locations. The harness connecters and wire locations are different.
One member told me he got a good deal on 2 rallye instrumnet panels on Craigs List. By the time he had it in his car he had over a thousand out of his pocket.
And that was with refurbished stock gauges.

That looks great Noel.......The wood trim really sets it off.

Thanks Tony. Yours looks really nice too. Luckally I was able to reuse the wood trim on mine. Dont know if it will come off again though.(weather strip adhesive)
I was to cheap to send mine out for rechrome and wish I had.

The nice thing about the rally dash is you can put a tach in the middle pod and keep your dash or coulum looking clean.

dart int.jpg

Putting a rallye panel in a standard dash can be done but... It aint easy. The bolt holes in the dash are in different locations. The harness connecters and wire locations are different.
One member told me he got a good deal on 2 rallye instrumnet panels on Craigs List. By the time he had it in his car he had over a thousand out of his pocket.
And that was with refurbished stock gauges.

So if he is using aftermarket gauges and wiring, the wire locations won't be an issue, but his only concern will be bolt hole locations?

I guess if everything fits it will just be a matter of drilling new holes for the mounting locations right?

I really like the look of those clusters in the darts and dusters.

So if he is using aftermarket gauges and wiring, the wire locations won't be an issue, but his only concern will be bolt hole locations?

I guess if everything fits it will just be a matter of drilling new holes for the mounting locations right?

I really like the look of those clusters in the darts and dusters.

Its not quite that simple. The gauge section and housing itself is longer on the rallye dash, so the hole in the dash that the gauges fit into is bigger. So, you can't just put a rallye dash into a non-rallye dash frame. You either have to change the entire dash frame (bolt in), or cut the non-rallye dash frame to extend the hole the gauges fit into.

Its not quite that simple. The gauge section and housing itself is a longer on the rallye dash, so the hole in the dash that the gauges fit into is bigger. So, you can't just put a rallye dash into a non-rallye dash frame. You either have to change the entire dash frame (bolt in), or cut the non-rallye dash frame to extend the hole the gauges fit into.

Cool, he likes cutting things, you should see his car, it's gonna be sick.:snakeman:

So an entire dash swap or cutting existing dash to make room, sounds like fun.

Cutting the opening larger is simple enough. The problem is the small metal tangs around the opening that have the holes for the panel mounting screws. You'll need those relocated.
Aftermarket gauges doesn't apply to signal indicaters, high beam indicater, and other items that are wired into the bezels. Have fun.

Here's mine. I took the bezel out of a 67 fish and cut and refabbed my stock non ralley dash frame to fit. Then I rewired for the ralley bezel configuration. took me about a day but was all worth it!

My Dusters Dash 2.jpg

My Dusters Dash 3.jpg

Thanks for all the input...Still debating on what to do..My dash is completely down to the frame (just painted with a new dash pad), so now is the time to do it..If I decide too change it up. Heading to the Southern nationals this weekend (GA). I'll take some pics and see if I can get some more ideas there..Thanks again!

HI. I have the square type dash. I have been looking for a reproduction unit as the one i have has faded chrome edge and the wood grain is worn. Any ideas on where i can find one? I have looked everywhere. Thanks

-
Back