Show me your small block!

-
I'm usually not a fan of flames on muscle car era stuff, but that engine compartment looks sharp.

The oval cleaner looks great against the holley and the flames play into the name of the car tastefully. Bonus points for keeping the A/C.

418 stroker.i need to spend a afternoon and tidy up the engine compartement, carbs are powered coated.

Attachments

• Optimized-cudamotor.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 720
I'm usually not a fan of flames on muscle car era stuff, but that engine compartment looks sharp.

The oval cleaner looks great against the holley and the flames play into the name of the car tastefully. Bonus points for keeping the A/C.

Thanks for the compliments. A/C had to stay too hot to drive in the summer down here without it.

I have 2 sets of MT for $60. plus ride for all. There are 4 like the silver one in the Bottom pic. I also have the orange set $$$

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 644
  • Copy of batten2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 689
  • steve%20234[1].jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 691
408 RHS heads going in my Lil Patina Red

Before:

Attachments

• 045 (800x600).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 685
  • 152 (800x600).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 643
  • 162 (800x600).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 646
  • lil red fender 4 (800x451).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 633
416 r3 block eddy heads with air gap and a 950 hp holly

Attachments

• smcar1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 635
Here's mine again , in the car and completed.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_3196.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_3195.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_3192.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 603
I'll bet that thing has a very nice tone. Again, love the tubes and all of the function over fashion under that hood. Cuts a reality check to kids banking for a "race car" look with no rhyme or reason. Race prepped street cars make me blush.

Wow. So many amazing engines in this thread. My humble contribution...

Built 360 with pic and vid.

I am looking to change the air cleaner. Suggestions?

image_zps1ef5773a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Vid. Old School Mean.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2g30I5PfgE"]1964 Plymouth Valiant Engine Running - YouTube[/ame]

!!! Uh huh...

Love me some fenderwell headers. Love me fenderwells long time. Yes, please, more.

Nice tubes hold a special place in my adolescence. The first legit job I had working collision repair, this guy who worked at a network phone building outfit down the street had a 1968 Dart GTS drop top in black with a red '68 Scat stripe, running a 4 speed and fenderwells with cutouts open on the weekends when he'd bring it out. I'd hear him hit shift point and look out the bay door to see a blurr fly by the Jolly Rancher factory across the street, before they moved to Canada.

It's not often you hear or see something that mean.

I'll bet that thing has a very nice tone. Again, love the tubes and all of the function over fashion under that hood. Cuts a reality check to kids banking for a "race car" look with no rhyme or reason. Race prepped street cars make me blush.

Appreciate your comments. I have been driving it for a couple of days since completion and besides having to recalibrate the carb, the motor and all the wiring changes are working well. THe head porting I did, leaned it out a lot since my last tune last year.. It is more thirsty now !! Couple of weeks of testing and tuning and I will be set.

Wow. So many amazing engines in this thread. My humble contribution...

Built 360 with pic and vid.

I am looking to change the air cleaner. Suggestions? ...

YES! Get rid of that Edelbrock "Triangle of Death" immediately. One backfire through the carburetor and you could lose your whole car to a fire. Just do a google search and read how awful they are.

YES! Get rid of that Edelbrock "Triangle of Death" immediately. One backfire through the carburetor and you could lose your whole car to a fire. Just do a google search and read how awful they are.

Agreed. I just found out by reading this thread. One of the first things I am going to do. The car is on its way to me. I won't have it in my garage till mid July.

Any suggestions for a good replacement?

Yes, definitely..... (lol!). Those Lynx air cleaners are restrictive anyway.

My two Small Blocks: One in the vintage road racer '65 Dart, which is built to FIA Group 2 (early Trans Am) specs, and one in the all stock '65 Barracuda.

Both are 273.

Attachments

• 100320131473.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC05666c.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 525
A buddies,73 340 4 spd Challenger.10.8 comp,worked x castings.

Attachments

• IMG_20130622_163817.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 532
-
Back