Show me your white/cream colored Barracudas

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I'm getting close to paint on my '67 Barracuda and I'm wanting to do an off - white/cream color. Post pics of yours, and the paint code if you know it. Thanks!

View attachment 1967 Cuda Driver's Side.jpg

Here's my 67 notchback. It looks okay from 25' away, but it badly needs paint. It is definitely creme colored - not white. It has been repainted. I remember looking one time at original 67 colors, and I don't think this color was on the list.

Our first 67 notch was WW1 Spinnaker white w/ metallic red guts. All pics here are Poorleroy though. A few identical are shown in Ma Snart pic thread

to me WW1 was a fairly glossy shade of white, used for quite a few years, and I assume the same paint formula??????? maybe someone with more knowledge can tell, if you have a pro paint store. maybe comparing paint chips will show if there is a difference.....

is that the original color of your car?????? vin paint code???

Just for thought. I had a pint of WW1 white mixed for my stripes. When I opened it I was surprised. It wasn't very white. It was more of an off white. More like a cream color.

yea its hard to describe gloss!!! rustoleum type oil based gloss white is real glossy! but my WW1 I would describe it as between cream and high gloss.

you might go to your pro paint store and get a 1/2 pt of your color and shoot that to see what it looks like.

Here's mine I will be re-painting next year. Not sure to keep white or go Black.

Attachments

• Barracuda.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 377
A zero tint base white shouldn't have a color code. The WW1 is a sail cloth white, off white. Then GM basic white is blue tint white.

What would you guys call this color? This is more what I'm after.

Attachments

• 1967PlymouthBarracuda440.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 318
  • 1967_Barracuda_fastback_yellow.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 332
A zero tint base white shouldn't have a color code. The WW1 is a sail cloth white, off white. Then GM basic white is blue tint white.

Just for thought. I had a pint of WW1 white mixed for my stripes. When I opened it I was surprised. It wasn't very white. It was more of an off white. More like a cream color.

Cawley, redfish's reply has the hint. "Spinnaker or Spinniker" white is the code given here. It is also on my '79 Magnum. The name is telling you where it came from. It is the front sale on a sailing ship. A ship with sails that has the long triangular one up front is what it is. The off white color is due to it being constantly hit by the waves and other debris (sp?) it may encounter.

I have my chops busted once in awhile when it is next to a truly white car as it looks dirty by compare.

Here's mine I will be re-painting next year. Not sure to keep white or go Black.

From my own experience, I'd STRONGLY recommend against black. It only looks great for the first couple of hours after you wash it. And just forget about springtime with all the pollen in the air. :banghead:

From my own experience, I'd STRONGLY recommend against black. It only looks great for the first couple of hours after you wash it. And just forget about springtime with all the pollen in the air. :banghead:

yep. any of us that has had/ have black cars recognize that fact!!! I painted my 63 dart black because the original color and it came with red/maroon upholstery. its a driver/ always a dusty dirty driver!!!!!!

Cawley, redfish's reply has the hint. "Spinnaker or Spinniker" white is the code given here. It is also on my '79 Magnum. The name is telling you where it came from. It is the front sale on a sailing ship. A ship with sails that has the long triangular one up front is what it is. The off white color is due to it being constantly hit by the waves and other debris (sp?) it may encounter.

I have my chops busted once in awhile when it is next to a truly white car as it looks dirty by compare.

lmao ok, I know nothing about sails

That color is called Sunfire Yellow. Same as in my avatar.

View attachment DSC08549.jpg

I loved the look of my RR1 Yellow 67 Barracuda with the black stripe.

The funny part is when I saw the car for sale originally, I thought it was white in the picture and that is why I went to look at it. When I got there and saw it was light yellow, I was not to sure I was as interested, but within minutes I fell in love with it. I never crossed paths with another one like it in my area, and it always drew attention.

The original owner had painted the "teeth" on the front valance in a reflective paint that made for some good conversation as well. O:)

Good Luck

My sisters both had 67 Barracudas at the same time, OH, I had a 67 Barracuda too.......LOL

Mine was original a light blue with dark blue interior and black vinyl top coupe. I painted it dark blue

My oldest sister had a tan black interior Formula S fastback, really wasn't a very pretty car. I had the body repaired and complete repaint at the vocational school I went to for auto mechanics. My buddy needed a car to work on so she got it done for materials only.

My other sister had the car I was suppose to get. At 14 dad took me to the car lot it was on and as if I would keep it clean and when I got my lisence I could buy it from him, HELL YES, I was all in on that, but my sister was older and said she wanted it.

It was beautiful coupe, light pale yellow ( not a good guys car color at 16 ) black deluxe interior, slant 6 auto, factory air, power steering, the fancy wheel covers, ( I still have 3 off that car plus 2 others I bought to have a complete set)

Would I paint a car that color that wasn't that color, NO. But if it was the original color I might.

The white on the 67 was used many years and different names but I think more egg shell, off white.

My 67 Formula S coupe, ( not my 1st Barracuda coupe) got painted BRIGHT WHITE by the guy I sold it to, I liked it a lot.

My Dart was originally the same white as the barracudas in 67, when I got it , it had already been painted bright white, when I re did it it was painted 1999 Chrysler Town & Country Pearl White and absolutely LOVE IT!

View attachment image.jpg

It is your car, if you are not going back original, pick the color you like best.

That color is called Sunfire Yellow. Same as in my avatar.

Thats interesting that its called that. I went down to my local dupont autobody supply retailer a couple years ago, and went through the 1967 plymouth color chip page, and the light yellow for 1967 was actually called daffodil yellow in their book. It was used in that particular formulation according to the dupont book from 1965 through 1967. The formula changed for 1968 and 1969, and according to duponts color books was then called bright yellow.

I liked the 1967 yellow whatever its called, and decided i would paint my 67 that color, what also helped my decision was as a non metallic color i could paint the car a section at a time and control the dust in my garage, as long as i took the paint from the same paint can and it was mixed well. I plan on going single stage for under the hood, jambs, and trunk, but will go basecoat/clearcoat on the exterior.

I also have a replacement 1967 door and paint in the jamb is daffodil yellow. I buffed it out, and actually like it a lot better than the medium blue metallic poly that was a factory color on this car.

Black cars are hotter inside and out. I got a few blistering reminders while working at used car lot.

-
Back