Show me your wiper motor relocation!

-

CudaChris67

Reaction score
Turns out 1967 wiper motors are expensive/ rare/ etc so this mod will look cool and save some $ and make replacement parts cheaper at the same time.

Since I will be using Ron Francis wiring, I looked to see what type of switches were available:

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WS-51

This one has all the functions, and matched the headlight switch available in the wiring kit.

Now to see which motor is the best fit...

Any suggestions?

I made cardboard templates for filling the wiper motor recess last night. I have a bit of a surprise to be revealed later.

In the mean time has anyone done a mock up? I'd love to hear the lessons learned. Thanks - Chris

We just relocated our wiper motor under the dash in my sons 67 dart. We used a 95? ranger wiper motor with a simple bracket cut out of 1/8 plate,had to use part of the ranger bell crank and weld it to the darts.I will see if i can find some pictures for you .Main thing to remember is to put your links for wiper arms horizintal and mount the wiper motor so there is no bind.

Here's the pics.

Attachments

• rsz_2100_5439_copy.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 687
  • rsz_100_5443.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 581
  • rsz_5100_5441.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 595
We just relocated our wiper motor under the dash in my sons 67 dart. We used a 95? ranger wiper motor with a simple bracket cut out of 1/8 plate,had to use part of the ranger bell crank and weld it to the darts.I will see if i can find some pictures for you .Main thing to remember is to put your links for wiper arms horizintal and mount the wiper motor so there is no bind.

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Thanks you for the explanation and great pics.

btw, I like the firewall- you did what I should have with cutting out he whole top. I didn't realize I was going this far until I got here. thanks again! :blob:

Stupid question- but I cannot really test since I have no wiring- Does the stock wiper motor (and the ranger motor) just spin, and the linkage takes care of the back and forth? The alternative would be the motor spins one direction, then is reversed, then reversed again, and so on.

Not a stupid question at all, I would think that the motor itself would keep rotating in one direction and the linkage would make a complete "circle" if you will, around the motor shaft, thus getting the back and forth action, versus having the motor switch polarity and direction. I could be wrong though.

Still working on the wiring but the motor turns 360 degrees,the white nylon peice on the original wiper arm assembly is the ecentric which causes the wipers to travel back and forth. We have had the motor powered up and it does move the linkage back and forth,but the wiper motor we chose to use is a delay type so we still have that part of the wiring to figure out .

-
Back