show off them turbo header/manifold pics

-
Bill I planned on leaving the header natural stainless steel rember I used thick wall about 3/16 thick butt weld ells so I'm hope I can keep most of the heat in the pipes not sure if U noticed I put a different intake on there its a Clifford that has water ports on the under side I'm hoping it will cool the intake charge some and deflect some heat from the header we do remarkable things here at the steel mill at every high temps 2200 degrees add some water passing through and it keeps things under control so I'm hoping this will aid in the fight
Thanks for the pics I can't wait to see that valiant go
Aaron

Bill I planned on leaving the header natural stainless steel rember I used thick wall about 3/16 thick butt weld ells so I'm hope I can keep most of the heat in the pipes not sure if U noticed I put a different intake on there its a Clifford that has water ports on the under side I'm hoping it will cool the intake charge some and deflect some heat from the header we do remarkable things here at the steel mill at every high temps 2200 degrees add some water passing through and it keeps things under control so I'm hoping this will aid in the fight
Thanks for the pics I can't wait to see that valiant go
Aaron

Thanks; I CAN'T WAIT, EITHER! lol!

I love that idea about putting some water beyween the header and the intake port runners! Why didn't ~I~ think of that????:violent1:

I forgot that your headers were stainless; that's a great idea to leave them "natural." You know, you could sell those.... LOL!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yah bill I no I could sell them but its alot of work and I already have so much on my plate now with working 50 to 60 hours a week and a family life,where would I ever find the time to race the TOAD
I got the intake from charrlie S I traded a new set of shortie headers I got in a parts deal it has the boses for direct port EFI if the blow thru Carb gives me too big of a fit
I'm also working on a crutch setup that all the Turbo guys are running on the Turbo forums
this stuff is madding sometimes I feel like my brain is going to explode lol
Aaron

Hey, if it was easy, EVERYONE would do it!!! :cheers:

WTF is a "crutch setup"???

Pardon my ignorance...:newb:

Bill the crutch is a 12 volt air pump you plumb into the PV cavity of your blow through Carb that forces the power valves open to supply more fuel if needed so you can avoid going lean it also allows for the use of smaller jets so when your at cruise speed you not dumping to much fuel
hope this helps
Aaron

Bill the crutch is a 12 volt air pump you plumb into the PV cavity of your blow through Carb that forces the power valves open to supply more fuel if needed so you can avoid going lean it also allows for the use of smaller jets so when your at cruise speed you not dumping to much fuel
hope this helps
Aaron

Thamks for that info; first I'd heard of it. Our car will see minimal street use, so it probably wouldn't benefit us much.

Or would it?

Our 4150 DP has a boost-referenced power valve already... is that kind of the same thing???

Thanks guys, I am pretty slow at fab work. Hopefully it will run one day. I have only owned it for the last 26 years.

With the turbos that low, what are you going to do with oil returns?

I am going to have the returns drain to a reservoir and pump the oil back to the pan.

Thanks guys, I am pretty slow at fab work. Hopefully it will run one day. I have only owned it for the last 26 years.

I am going to have the returns drain to a reservoir and pump the oil back to the pan.

you could also use your fuel pump hole for a drain... just make a thick enough block off plate and tap it for 1/2'' NPT..... just a suggestion.

you could also use your fuel pump hole for a drain... just make a thick enough block off plate and tap it for 1/2'' NPT..... just a suggestion.

I am not sure that by the time you come out of the bottom side of those turbo bearing housings for a drain, that it will be above the level of the fuel-pump blockoff plate. Gotta have some "downhill" for the oil to flow, I think.

What do you think?

Hard to tell from pictures.

stuff275.jpg

stuff273.jpg

stuff274.jpg

Why is the exhaust outlet oblong with six bolts?

I don't understand.

Attachments

• turrboomount.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,232
The wastegate is built into this unit...just like a stock Buick unit....To have enough room for exhaust and wastegate, it is oblong. If you look close you can see the flapper for the wastegate.

I am not sure that by the time you come out of the bottom side of those turbo bearing housings for a drain, that it will be above the level of the fuel-pump blockoff plate. Gotta have some "downhill" for the oil to flow, I think.

What do you think?

Hard to tell from pictures.

they are pretty low... you might have to run a sump tank and pump.. i the drain should be above the oil level... by the looks of it, the drains on the trubos look to be lower than the oil level...

they are pretty low... you might have to run a sump tank and pump.. i the drain should be above the oil level... by the looks of it, the drains on the trubos look to be lower than the oil level...

They are actually about 1/4" above the pan level. I am for sure going to need a remote reservoir and will pump the oil back with a pump like the STS turbo systems use. I had to pick the lesser of 2 evils. I used to rum the turbos up high and it presented too many problems. So I am going to try this.

It's time to update this thread for all the forced induction junkies show off them turbo projects let's see what your working on.

I just picked up this log manifold as a back up or possibly for a future project. I'll probably change a couple things like wastegate placement and turbo discharge around but I like the design.
Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_20130512_063951.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,848
i wish I had more and better pictures , but while I was in Michigan visiting family (and going to the Downriver cruise) I spotted this turbo Dart. I don't know who's it was but I took a picture since I thought it had Pishta's design. THEN I realized that it was a propane turbo'd dart.. WAYYYY cool! I had to swipe my camera back from my grandson just to get this picture.

here tis!
View attachment DSCF3907.jpg

i wish I had more and better pictures , but while I was in Michigan visiting family (and going to the Downriver cruise) I spotted this turbo Dart. I don't know who's it was but I took a picture since I thought it had Pishta's design. THEN I realized that it was a propane turbo'd dart.. WAYYYY cool! I had to swipe my camera back from my grandson just to get this picture.

here tis!
View attachment 1714635361

Thanks for posting this. Back in the eighties, Californian Ak Miller (R.I.P.) had a pretty thriving business in Los Angeles, converting cars to Propane and adding turbos. Propane is high octane, so turbocharging Propane-powered engines works well; no detonation issues.

This modification on a slant six is a natural... power and reliability in one package.

Thanks for posting this. Back in the eighties, Californian Ak Miller (R.I.P.) had a pretty thriving business in Los Angeles, converting cars to Propane and adding turbos. Propane is high octane, so turbocharging Propane-powered engines works well; no detonation issues.

This modification on a slant six is a natural... power and reliability in one package.

yeah it was messing with me since I want to turbo on my spare engine and was looking at how it was hooked up.(couldn't find the boost reference hookup right away or a marking I could understand on the turbo for size) THEN I realized it was propane. I saw him leave a few hours later and it sounded good!

-
Back