Show us your home made tools

-
This is a jig to use with a press?
Yes. There is a car that needs some structural repair, and this is to bend some 12 gauge sheet metal. Tired of vise and hammer, and this will give me better control.

I dont think it needs more than tacks. I have a small piece of angle iron welded under the V to prevent it from pushing apart. Its for stuff less than 1/8”
Answered my question, thanks. I was wondering about lateral movement, but you addressed it during the build. Nicely done.

I had and old screw driver that had a broken handle that had the correct hex welded to a piece of rod to spin the oil pump to prime the motor. I misplaced it and needed an alternative. I almost was ready to cut up my caulk gun as that would have worked, that's a good caulk gun; shame to cut it up. While at the hardware store picking up some spray paint...$6, long enough, no welding. Maybe since it's red, it will be easier to find next time I need it.

View attachment 1716152688
I removed the gear teeth of an old shaft then used an old distributor to turn it, but I also have the mixer shaft just don’t let it touch the bushing in block.

IMG_1748.jpeg

IMG_1747.jpeg

I wanted the mounting plate for my hyda-boost brakes coated[can't have raw aluminum], for I decided to take it apart. HA!.... It wasn't meant to be disassembled, and it looks like they may have had issues with one at some point[so much effort to make it not come apart]. It's assembled with a toothed nut, nuclear lock-tite, and a snap-ring just in case[plus no access with regular tools]. I had to make a socket to fit in the recess of the plate, and over the back of the hydraulic unit. We started with a 3/4-drive Proto ball-joint socket. After about an hour on the lathe and mill, I had a socket that would fit....it took a 3 foot adjustable wrench and some grunt to get it off. We did, and milled the free advertising off as I prepped the piece for powder.

1697924234796.png

1697924250502.png

1697924265068.png

Last edited:
Full of lead.. at least 70 yrs old and don’t ask me how I know..

View attachment 1716156586

View attachment 1716156587

View attachment 1716156588
What is it?
I wanted the mounting plate for my hyda-boost brakes coated[can't have raw aluminum], for I decided to take it apart. HA!.... It wasn't meant to be disassembled, and it looks like they may have had issues with one at some point[so much effort to make it not come apart]. It's assembled with a toothed nut, nuclear lock-tite, and a snap-ring just in case[plus no access with regular tools]. I had to make a socket to fit in the recess of the plate, and over the back of the hydraulic unit. We started with a 3/4-drive Proto ball-joint socket. After about an hour on the lathe and mill, I had a socket that would fit....it took a 3 foot adjustable wrench and some grunt to get it off. We did, and milled the free advertising off as I prepped the piece for powder.

View attachment 1716156590

View attachment 1716156591

View attachment 1716156592
Nicely done!

-
Back