Show us your winter storm pics.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
For those of us who rarely see snow events, you guys up North and in the midwest are getting pounded so I hear.

Remind me again why I am so happy to have left the North-East.

Sometimes I miss the snow, like during hunting season when it is easy to track the deer, and something about icy roads and heavy snow driving was somewhat exciting, especially when you make it up that big hill that nobody else can get up, but I don't really miss it once I think about sub zero temps for a month and a half straight at times.

I went hunting here in the North Georgia mountains the other day and really enjoyed the sleet and a couple snow flurries, but nothing compares to the crazy winters I left back in Pennsylvania.

I can remember taking my pregnant Wife to the hospital to have our first child in 28" of snow.
I had a front wheel drive Chevy Celebrity with winter recap tires that had big winter treads, but I had to put snow chains on the front wheels that day just to get her to the hospital safely.

Started off with heavy snow then went to heavy rain afterwards. Time to dry out the basement.

-7 F right now with a nice even white coat on the ground. Not really enough snow here in Denver to make a big deal out of. I'll see if I can dig up some past storm photos for ya.

Non stop rain in Northern NJ, my front yard looks like a lake. A few degrees colder and it would have been a blizzard.

Cold here might be snow on Saturday hope its not like last year at christmas time!

DEC 2008

My Ram has 35in tall tires and a 3in lift (at least)

snowstormChristmas2008022.jpg

side of my garage

snowstormChristmas2008017-1.jpg

snowstormChristmas2008008.jpg

nothing this year, yet...these are from last year. the second one is how Blue dealt with it, wait a minute, that is how he deals with nice weather too.....

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

There is a couple of good things about winter......................

Cold Beer

OutdoorFridge.jpg

When You Get Bored-Go Make Noise With A Big Block

more-power-2.jpg

Right now it is sunny warm, 61 degrees but the wind is blowing like a sack full

of a$$holes! :compress::compress::blob6: at 60-65 MPH!!!

Here is what it looks like right now...

from my front porch:

December09 003.003.JPG
Threatening Skies:
December09 005.005.JPG

The weather man said it will dip down to around 20 tonight, with that being the high tomorrow. The snow squalls are to begin sometime tonight.
:munky2:
This wacky weather reminds me of the blizzard of 1977. On Dec. 08 it was sunny and 65 and the next day we had 6 feet of snow.I hope this passes us, but West Virginia has dogged the snow ball way too many times. I think this is our turn, OUCH! I will post more pics if we get hit.#-o:pale:

~MARY

December09 005.005.JPG

December09 003.003.JPG

There's a cold spell right now sunny though

Wednesday 38°/22°Thursday 36°/21° Friday 37°/24° Saturday 39°/28

Dec09_0003.jpg

Dec09_0002.jpg

It started to snow Monday morning but then turned to rain in the after noon. Been sunny out for Tue and today but they say more is coming.

Believe me, if you are form the north and think you miss snow, you don't. If you've never seen it, count your blessings. I HATE winter.

Believe me, if you are form the north and think you miss snow, you don't. If you've never seen it, count your blessings. I HATE winter.

Oh I know.

I don't care if it's 102 degress every day, I will take it over snow any day.

Cold Wet and Windy as !!!! here in Northeast Arkansas.

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 029.jpg

Supposed to get some tonight here... 4-8 inches or so. We have only gotten 1.5 all season so far.

For all you that hate winter, I'm with you.
Grew up in Cincinnati. During the blizzard of 78, I responded to a structure fire about 2 miles from my house.

Running a a 2 inch hose set on solid stream, about 50 feet out the water turned into ice crystals! It was -29 deg.

3 months later I bought a house in Silver Springs, Fl.
And it was 79 here today.

you can keep that non-stop summer crap of the south west. first summer in Az there was 100 days of 100 degrees. for the first seven years of my "sentence" there i rode a motorcycle every day, nothing like getting stuck out on a freeway in the sun for 4 hours because of a wreck.....

-
Back