Show your favorite tools.

-
I was on the 109 at my last duty station (3rd Bn 29th FA) at Ft. Carson and my Reserve unit is 109 too. We had heat but no air. Was on the 110 in Bamberg Germany, that girls an effin' ANIMAL!!! I love them all but the 198 was easier to get rigged and chuted up and out of an airplane!!!

HA! Cool! Mine was the M1A2 Abrams Tank! I have over 2 thousand driving hours on that thing from my first deployment in Iraq back in 2005. Then as you progress in the ranks, ya move up to a loader, then gunner, and finally tank commander! I only made it up to gunner Sgt as I was only active for 4.5 years. No wartime gunner experience as we didnt have tanks the second deployment...I'll see if I can dig up a couple pics. :)

Thanks for your guy's service. :)

Here is mine. Man that was a long time ago. I was a US Navy Air crewman in a search and rescue squadron during Desert Storm. The funny thing is that my dad used an M60 in Vietnam and I used the same platform in Desert Storm. I took both of these pics. If you look close you can see 5 other helicopters in the pic flying in formation. In the second picture you can see some of the damage that our boys did over there.

BTW it's harder than you think to hit a target that is sitting still while you are doing 170 mph. LOL

Attachments

• Navy.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Navy2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 153
I looooooove me some artillery.
M110 was my favorite gun right behind the M109A3. Don't get me wrong, I liked the A6, I just felt like I was doing the gunbunny hop in the A3.
I like seeing so many gunners here.

"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."

like that quote GunBunny!

"There is NO job in the Field Artillery for the weak, the timid or the indecisive."

I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know, the artillery did.
Gen George S. Patton

Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Artillery is the god of war.
Stalin

Do not forget your dogs of war, your big guns, which are the most-to- be respected arguments of the rights of kings.
Frederick the Great

Thats an awesome quote! Man, M109A3? thats some ancient artillery there buddy! We had those in basic, but all A6's on active.

BADART, some pretty slick ait pics there!

I looooooove me some artillery.
M110 was my favorite gun right behind the M109A3. Don't get me wrong, I liked the A6, I just felt like I was doing the gunbunny hop in the A3.
I like seeing so many gunners here.

"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."

Seems to be most of America's favorite tool....... lol... And I meant Tool, as IMO, he is a complete Tool! hahaha

barack__obama.jpg

YES SIR... and for a little perspective on the GAU 8/a avenger this plane is built around... take a look at this round.
30mm.jpg

Best thing about the A10, is you don't hear it till it is too late! You'll hear that gun rapp and your tank exploding before you hear the plane!

I was in a MLRS unit, those are quite a rig! They could fire 12 rockets at 12 different targets 20 kilometers away and be rolling again in 3 minutes. And hit them all!

Artillery (rounds) are awesome. Until it is used for the wrong purpose then I have to get in a bomb suit and walk down on it to keep it from killing half a dozen civilians or my buddies. But only after I send down my quarter million dollar robot to check it out. Robot dies.... Soldier dies. Easy decision for me.

Here's a few pics of what det cord can do to a R134 refrigerant tank. The second pic top piece and the 4th pic the top right piece is another tank just laying there. That is just 3 wraps of det cord. It is less then a 1/4 inch in diameter, but 1 wrap will remove your arm. Enjoy.

Wow! I assume it could be used to cut down a tree? how many wraps to cut a, say 6' diameter tree down?

Just curiuos is all.

det cord tree removal..... AWESOME. i have a palm i cant kill. UNTIL NOW

I have cut down 14 in diameter pines with 6 wraps. And I have cut 12 inch oaks with 14. It is surprisingly effective compared to it's small size.

Here's a good one too. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo956BtJM"]YouTube - ‪Future Weapons: Boot Banger‬‏[/ame]

Yeah it's burn rate is ridiculous. I think they said a single piece from NY to Cali. would take about 7 seconds. Surprisingly we use a lot of "energetic water tools". We try to use them for everything that we can. We do have some explosive tools that use steel to cut but do you really want to try to out run a circuit with explosives? If that steel connects the circuit you just functioned the ied as designed. Water will do just as much damage and it isn't very conductive when it is aerated from the blast.

M-47 Dragon anti-tank weapon system. POS then, POS now....
m47dragon.jpg

this was more fun..MK153 SMAW.
smaw-dvic565.jpg

-
Back