Show your scoops!!!!!!!!!!

-
This is how they looked before I painted the truck Sassy Grass Green....

Attachments

• 5.9 Interceptor.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Ram @ Prices 1.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Copy of DSC00018.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,232
I never did care for black scoops on a painted hood . They were always body color unless they were part of a hood treatment package. I never saw any mopars that I recall with just black scoops from the factory. 70 Swinger , Superbee, R/T, were all body color . Some swingers were black with a hood treatment. 71 Demons, 72 Demons, Twisters, were all included with hood treatment packages, I believe they did this for appearance reasons. An all black hood looks better then just a black scoop, Sone also came this way from the Factory.

This is just my opipnion and I am sure everyone has a different taste. There is a 65 Baracuda running around in are area with a aftermarket snorkle scoop They are about 1 1/2 to 2 inches shorter. It is Body color and looks like it belongs there. He contoured the under side to fit the rib in the hood so when lookin at it from the front in body color there is no gap seen from the front where it meets the hood. The car is viper red and it looks like the car came with a performance hood package from the factory.

Attachments

• scan0019.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,242
Here's a '67 Hemi scoop on a '68 Valiant...

View attachment 2008Valiant400 (Small).jpg

My club, Inland Mopars, built this car as our charity raffle project car a couple of years ago. I like this look and currently thinking about it for my Dart build as I think the rectangular lines of the scoop will nicely compliment the rectangular body features of the '69 Dart.

Havn't figured out the hood situation for the cuda yet but this is what I have in the garage with scoops now.
265114_2150139037300_1361076797_2558045_7082677_n.jpg

251192_2098874435717_1361076797_2484857_1278957_n.jpg

Here's a '67 Hemi scoop on a '68 Valiant...

View attachment 292993

My club, Inland Mopars, built this car as our charity raffle project car a couple of years ago. I like this look and currently thinking about it for my Dart build as I think the rectangular lines of the scoop will nicely compliment the rectangular body features of the '69 Dart.

That scoop looks great on that car Ken.

My Demon with twin scoops

Attachments

• DSC00170.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,162
This is three different air cleaners on the same car with three different motors.

Picture 1.

The first is a 340 x heads standard 9.56 deck . I used a stock 71 base with a top off of a another that was cut outside the filter flange to cover just the filter. I was going to try and find a 70 air grabber top but never did.

I took Another top lid I had and cut the center out just inside the filter flange. I then cut the same size hole in the hood and fastened it to the underside of the hood with the trim from around the door opening. from a four door dart

Then I added mini van door rubber around the outside edge to seal it to the air cleaner on the motor when the hood was closed. It was then a cold air intake system Ram Air. With the stock intake I used a 1 inch spacer under the carb. With a LD 340 or Strip dominator I used a 1/2 inch spacer. This adjusted the assembly to a tight seal .

Pictre 2.

The second is the same car with a 340 8.90 deck with batten heads. The intake was higher . But with the deck lower the air cleaner I made sill fit. I just wanted to make it out of aluminum . I cut the base out of aluminum the same as size as the original . I rolled and welded sides on it . I then took a Chrysler 440 base and cut just the center and rivited it on top of the piece I made. The hood part was still on the car and fit.

Picture 3.

After Shadydell's Motor self destructed. On its first throttle burst I built a different motor 340 resto 956 deck indy intake which was alot higher. The lower piece was way to high. I bought a Moroso low profile air filter assembly.. I used just the base and cut it to fasten on my aluminum base. It was still to high and I had to cut the hood out and let the filter stick through.. Then I put the filter on tried to close the hood. Without the radiator in I measured and trimed the aluminum to lower it for fittment. The black around the aluminum is door edge molding from Pep-Boys. Motor is on steel mounts and is tight against the hood.There are two spots where the hood leaves orange paint on the Black trim. You can see the difference in the hieght by comparing the distance from the Radiator capi n the pics. If more pics are needed ask.

I still have the 1st filter if someone is interested.

Attachments

• DSCF0007.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Copy of batten1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • DSCF0092.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,213
Here is my hood scoop.

Attachments

• pittsraceway3.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,164
bolt on and go :burnout:

Attachments

• 034 (Copy).JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,110
  • 033 (Copy).JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 1,150
i wanna see a hemi ss scoop/barndoor on a pointed nose ie 76 dart

here is a pic of my 73 dart with a vfn hemmi hood scoop.at that time it only had a 318 in it. when i put my tunnel rammed 440 in it i had to find at least a 7 inch tall one. this was the cheapest one i could find.it is the old mopar prostock hood scoop. thanks Mopar65

Attachments

• 100_0518 (Large).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 100_0523 (Large).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,103
Does anyone have a shaker on an early cuda/valient?

-
Back